• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 10:56:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 182
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 103
Total: 103

Sunday morning

Started by Mugwump, February 25, 2018, 05:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....coffee's very good....MMMmmm... |^|

The winds howled last night...blew the big swing around the deck big time....

Another slow morning for us here....no plans yet, but some water changes early on....then  huh

..more coffee.. :)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Good morning Jon. Another damp day around here but supposed to clear up around noon. Not a lot of rain accumulation over the past few days but it has stayed mostly warm and damp with some showers from time to time. Today it will get back up to about 60.

Will putz around in the fish room again today. Need to move the otos into another brown algae infested tank so that they can continue to dine in class.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Rjb3

Coffee's good. I'm enjoying my first cup now.

I'm going to meet my son and my two grandkids at an indoor R/C off road racetrack to watch them practice for a while. Then, I'm headed to a new oval track for R/C midget cars that I may soon get involved in. The same car manufacturer is coming out with a 1/18th scale winged sprint car in May. I might wait for those to come out. First, I'll see if I still have the bug to go oval racing. I enjoyed it years ago.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on February 25, 2018, 06:45:31 AM
Coffee's good. I'm enjoying my first cup now.

I'm going to meet my son and my two grandkids at an indoor R/C off road racetrack to watch them practice for a while. Then, I'm headed to a new oval track for R/C midget cars that I may soon get involved in. The same car manufacturer is coming out with a 1/18th scale winged sprint car in May. I might wait for those to come out. First, I'll see if I still have the bug to go oval racing. I enjoyed it years ago.

I did the slot cars years ago....loved 'em... |^|
Jon

Rjb3

The cars made by "1 RC Racing LLC" are the most realistic R/C cars I've ever seen. They're pretty small at 7 1/2" and wicked fast. Can't wait to see the sprint car.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on February 25, 2018, 07:26:04 AM
The cars made by "1 RC Racing LLC" are the most realistic R/C cars I've ever seen. They're pretty small at 7 1/2" and wicked fast. Can't wait to see the sprint car.

..these were wicked fast too....

http://slotblog.net/topic/11478-pittman-motors/
Jon

Mugwump

Quote from: Mugwump on February 25, 2018, 07:33:21 AM
Quote from: Rjb3 on February 25, 2018, 07:26:04 AM

..these were wicked fast too....

http://slotblog.net/topic/11478-pittman-motors/

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=russkit+1+24+vintage+slot+car&ul_noapp=true
Jon

Rjb3

Yup. They were.

http://www.lucky-bobs-slot-cars.com/raceway-pictures.html In case ya get the bug again.

I've been here. Still there. I think. They have a drag strip in the basement.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on February 25, 2018, 07:38:38 AM
Yup. They were.

http://www.lucky-bobs-slot-cars.com/raceway-pictures.html In case ya get the bug again.

..I had a Pitt 65 on a Lotus shell with aluminum frame and meshed Weldon gears that won me a trip on the Goodyear blimp over L.A......LOL...it screamed !!!!  |^|

..good times
Jon

Rjb3

When I was selling water softeners for the plumbing shop, the installer was into the drag cars. There were guys that had 5 or 6 race cars. Some of these guys had big cases with shelves to hold all the cars. Rich built one car from the ground up with his own handmade chassis and beat them all.

Rjb3

Quote from: Mugwump on February 25, 2018, 07:43:42 AM
Yup. They were.

..I had a Pitt 65 on a Lotus shell with aluminum frame and meshed Weldon gears that won me a trip on the Goodyear blimp over L.A......LOL...it screamed !!!!  |^|

..good times

Lucky Bob's is thill there if you get the bug again. . . . . .

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on February 25, 2018, 07:47:43 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on February 25, 2018, 07:43:42 AM
Yup. They were.

..good times

Lucky Bob's is thill there if you get the bug again. . . . . .

...those soft slicks with a drop of wintergreen flew.......

I could get the urge real easy if they were closer.....
Jon

Ron Sower

...morning folks!...well it's 46 here now at 8:37AM... |brr|

...drinking my cup of Chambra Chai from Costco...stood for several hours yesterday injecting Huli-Huli sauce into about 400 chicken breasts...I could be a plastic surgeon now!!!...

...nothing going on today until dinner when we have the "Opening Dinner" for Spring Fling...there will be great food, great libations, and great Polynesian dancers.... can't go wrong with all that... |^|

...we have Chicken Bingo Tuesday afternoon...I'm in charge of that event...trying to add something new this year...a corn-pone live music couple to sing some crazy chicken and farmer songs...they did a skit last year at our "Non Talent Show" and again this year...I plan to talk to them today...this is an outside event usually and it looks like the weather will hold out for it...sunny and low 60s... 8)

...I'm not going to the Aquatic Plant group meeting today, and it's killing me... :(

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on February 25, 2018, 09:48:20 AM
...morning folks!...well it's 46 here now at 8:37AM... |brr|

...drinking my cup of Chambra Chai from Costco...stood for several hours yesterday injecting Huli-Huli sauce into about 400 chicken breasts...I could be a plastic surgeon now!!!...

...nothing going on today until dinner when we have the "Opening Dinner" for Spring Fling...there will be great food, great libations, and great Polynesian dancers.... can't go wrong with all that... |^|

...we have Chicken Bingo Tuesday afternoon...I'm in charge of that event...trying to add something new this year...a corn-pone live music couple to sing some crazy chicken and farmer songs...they did a skit last year at our "Non Talent Show" and again this year...I plan to talk to them today...this is an outside event usually and it looks like the weather will hold out for it...sunny and low 60s... 8)

...I'm not going to the Aquatic Plant group meeting today, and it's killing me... :(

...your 'plate' looks pretty full as it is..... |^|...good times I'm sure...so missing a meeting won't be that bad.. ;)

Jon