• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 10:41:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 199
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 129
Total: 129

Not a bad day

Started by LizStreithorst, February 14, 2018, 07:46:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

A pretty depressing start to the day.  I called my old wholesaler early hoping on an off chance that they might want 200 smalls.  Tammy said no.  She told me that they were in the process of selling the business to some big place in FL and that they no longer had any fish there.  They're not much more than mom and pop and a few employees and they could no longer make a living.

Work wasn't a total disaster.

My new fish friend who is also a chef brought me some chili that he won a chili cook off with.  Oh my God.  It was incredible.   It was made with sausage, crab meat, and shrimp and it was Cajun hot. He also brought me 4 chocolate covered strawberries decorated for Valentine's day.  Wasn't that sweet?

Then Chip called and wanted me to come look at the truck that Brian the towing guy finally delivered that is to be Charlotte's donor truck.  The truck is a gold mine of good parts.  The parts I wanted came to $350.  Brian wanted $600 for the entire truck.  So I bought a truck that I had a good engine, an automatic transmission that will fit right in Charlotte because Charlotte was made for it, another AC compressor that was nearly impossible to find.  If Charlotte needs it, I have it.  Chip told Brian that I would take it for $600. if he delivered it to my place.  I have a wrecked truck tucked away next to my falling down Katrina house.  I might be a redneck.

Finally both my boxes of fish arrived on time, alive and well.   It's always a relief to hear that.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

...It sucks when the smaller businesses go under...especially a LFS....rats...

A clone for Charlotte?...that's great!..now she'll be good for many years to come  |^|

Lucky you....good chili is always a treat  8)...plus having the boxes arrive on time and in good shape ...now that's a really nice day  ;)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on February 15, 2018, 04:59:51 AM
...It sucks when the smaller businesses go under...especially a LFS....rats...

A clone for Charlotte?...that's great!..now she'll be good for many years to come  |^|

Lucky you....good chili is always a treat  8)...plus having the boxes arrive on time and in good shape ...now that's a really nice day  ;)
+1 |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron