• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 05:09:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 141
Total: 141

Dang!

Started by LizStreithorst, February 11, 2018, 12:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Would you believe that I got more for an unproven Blue Marble pair that I got for a Half Black pair on Aquabid.  Two guys got into a war over the Marbles.  There was some fighting over the HB's but not as much.  Reserve was $150 and they brought 161.  Reserve was just 95. on the Marbles and they brought $170!!!!!  Go figure huh

Nobody cared about my proven pairs of Blue Plat PS.  They're parent raisers now.  I'll relist them but I'll take them to the LFS before I take less than $100. for them on AB.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 11, 2018, 12:09:05 PM
Would you believe that I got more for an unproven Blue Marble pair that I got for a Half Black pair on Aquabid.  Two guys got into a war over the Marbles.  There was some fighting over the HB's but not as much.  Reserve was $150 and they brought 161.  Reserve was just 95. on the Marbles and they brought $170!!!!!  Go figure huh

Nobody cared about my proven pairs of Blue Plat PS.  They're parent raisers now.  I'll relist them but I'll take them to the LFS before I take less than $100. for them on AB.

..I was watching that little bidding war too.......cool beans !  |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I just hope that the pair does well for the guy.  He bought them without asking me the first question.  Most folks don't care about parent raisers but I'd feel better if I'd gotten wigglers from the pair.  I'm thinking that maybe I added the tea to the water too late.

I have another pair of blue marble pair.  They're both PSs.  I was going to list them after this pair sold but I'm having second thoughts.  I might just keep them in reserve in the event that none of my other plans work out.

I really need to do something about the Plat pairs.  I have too many of them and I don't need them.  I'll go ahead and take a beating and offer them for $75.  The pet store can handle no more of my Angelfish and it's better than killing them.
Always move forward. Never look back.