• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 02:06:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,249
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 138
Total: 139

Aquabid and shipping

Started by LizStreithorst, February 09, 2018, 06:24:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

They go hand in hand.  Aquabid is a total blessing from the Gods.  Shipping is cursed. 

It's getting to be more and more fun listing fish for sale there.  Some people meet the reserve without even asking about the shipping cost.  I even had a guy who bought an auction thinking that he was bidding on ten fish when he was bidding on one fish with ten others available.  Then there are the ones who have purchased from me before and want something I don't currently have (generally half blacks).  It feels good having people interested in my fish even though they live in internet land.

I think that I am finally getting a grip on shipping.  I have finally learned to do it well which gives me the confidence in myself that I have been lacking.  If I don't keep doing it I will loose my nerve Shit will happen because it always does.  Strange how it happens most with the most important fish but that's a given.  Mostly everything goes well.  Sometimes it even goes well when you're sure all is lost.

I think that may be I'm pumping myself up for shipping Monday.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 09, 2018, 06:24:06 PM
They go hand in hand.  Aquabid is a total blessing from the Gods.  Shipping is cursed. 

It's getting to be more and more fun listing fish for sale there.  Some people meet the reserve without even asking about the shipping cost.  I even had a guy who bought an auction thinking that he was bidding on ten fish when he was bidding on one fish with ten others available.  Then there are the ones who have purchased from me before and want something I don't currently have (generally half blacks).  It feels good having people interested in my fish even though they live in internet land.

I think that I am finally getting a grip on shipping.  I have finally learned to do it well which gives me the confidence in myself that I have been lacking.  If I don't keep doing it I will loose my nerve Shit will happen because it always does.  Strange how it happens most with the most important fish but that's a given.  Mostly everything goes well.  Sometimes it even goes well when you're sure all is lost.

I think that may be I'm pumping myself up for shipping Monday.

..Congrat's......all will be fine  |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson