• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 02:00:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,312
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 218
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 160
Total: 160

Fishing

Started by Rjb3, June 15, 2013, 09:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rjb3

Good thing we went fishing yesterday. It's gonna rain all day today according to the experts. But, it make the flowers grow.

Mugwump

Yep, yesterday was definitely the better day. What'd ya catch? Bass still on the beds?

It's a rainy. dreary, dank day here as well, heavier stuff moving in tonight. We rescheduled the yearly 'Father's Day' golf outing, my three sons, and myself.....always a kick, watching the boys act like brothers again....quite entertaining ...LOL...they can be real characters..really don't know where they got that from...????
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

Gale and I took a friends two children out fishing yesterday. Their mom is in DC attending her mother that took a bad fall earlier in the week. So, dad had the kids at work. He runs the local gun shop. Anyway, the kids would have been cooped up at the store all day, so off we went.

We fished for about two hours from the end of the local pier. No beds were in sight. I'm thinking they're all done spawning. They caught so many Bluegill and Sunfish, it was almost like shooting fish in a barrel. We kept one to take back and show dad. LOL We put it in a hot dog wrapper and the kids told him we brought back an extra one for him. It was pretty cool. They even took pictures. A good time was had by all.

Mugwump

Sounds like good, fun day... ;D....Our younger G'kids spend much of the time splashing, and wading with the pole in their hands, not much gets caught....LOL..maybe some frogs?....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

These two were fishing machines. They didn't whine when it was time to pack up either. That means we'll go again soon. LOL