• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 03:32:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 140
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 135
Total: 135

Saturday morn'n coffee

Started by Mugwump, February 03, 2018, 05:54:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...coffee is wonderful.......very, very good... |^|

...low 20's now....not much change except later the snow moves in....

...no plans for today, but probably be putz'n in the fish room.... huh

...more coffee..................brb
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

The coffee is great this morning. Another cold one here today. I think I heard about some precip. Will know more after I "wake up". Company is in town again. I love them but I really wasn't expecting to entertain this weekend. huh

Need to get out and pick up some things for a trip I'm taking to Miami in about two weeks. Hopefully that will help with the cabin fever I am suffering from.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on February 03, 2018, 06:29:03 AM
The coffee is great this morning. Another cold one here today. I think I heard about some precip. Will know more after I "wake up". Company is in town again. I love them but I really wasn't expecting to entertain this weekend. huh

Need to get out and pick up some things for a trip I'm taking to Miami in about two weeks. Hopefully that will help with the cabin fever I am suffering from.

....Miami ?......sounds great...tho I'm not a Florida fan..... ;)

...cabin fever hit hard here this year...and lack of sunshine didn't help any either.....not much snow for the season, but the many gloomy,cloudy, days made it seem even more bleak.... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on February 03, 2018, 06:42:13 AM

...cabin fever hit hard here this year...and lack of sunshine didn't help any either.....not much snow for the season, but the many gloomy,cloudy, days made it seem even more bleak.... huh

I can deal with Florida for a few days but I would not live there full time.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on February 03, 2018, 06:52:26 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on February 03, 2018, 06:42:13 AM

I can deal with Florida for a few days but I would not live there full time.

...if it's warm and sunny I might be able to stand a few days too.....LOL
Jon

Mugwump

..Pot #2 is super good..... |^|.... grab a cup...........cinnamon rolls are all gone now.. :'(....but were very good while they lasted.... ;)
Jon

wallace

The house is cold this morning.  |brr| The stove wasn't drawing right so I took the bottom pipe off yesterday and cleaned it out, put it back together, and last night started a fire and it smoked up the house again. Now I have to get on the roof and push a brush down it.
Dan

Mugwump

Quote from: wallace on February 03, 2018, 08:52:54 AM
The house is cold this morning.  |brr| The stove wasn't drawing right so I took the bottom pipe off yesterday and cleaned it out, put it back together, and last night started a fire and it smoked up the house again. Now I have to get on the roof and push a brush down it.

...careful up there.... |^|......birds nest?....you might need a chimney cover ?
Jon

wallace

Every spring the starlings try to build a nest in there, but they can't until the fire goes out. The fire has been burning 24/7 since November, so it has to be creosote up near the top. Last year I got #2 son the firefighter to go up and do it while I supervised from the lower roof. I told him, think of it as training.  ;D
Dan

Mugwump

...ever tried burning a creosote removal log occasionally?....they do work a bit...
Jon

wallace

Quote from: Mugwump on February 03, 2018, 09:58:12 AM
...ever tried burning a creosote removal log occasionally?....they do work a bit...

Never heard of such a thing... I will have to try it.
Dan

Mugwump

Jon