• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 08:14:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 162
Total: 162

Interesting

Started by Mugwump, January 30, 2018, 06:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Not longer after taking the Oath of Office in January of 1969, President Richard Nixon set his sights on sealing the border between America and Mexico to stop the steady flow of marijuana into the states. He called it Operation Intercept, and it did not sit well with Jefferson Airplane. Grace Slick made her feelings on the matter very clear in the lyrics of "Mexico." "But Mexico is under the thumb," she wrote. "Of a man we call Richard/And he's come to call himself king/But he's a small-headed man." Crazily enough, Slick attended the same New York finishing school as Nixon's daughter Tricia, and not long after the song came out she was invited to a ten-year reunion at the White House. Slick showed up with Abbie Hoffman. "I had planned to spike Richard Nixon's tea with acid," she said in 2011. "But when Abbie and I were on line, a security guard wouldn't let me in. He said, 'We checked and you're a security risk.'"

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BillT

Sounds like "Volunteers of America"!