• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 09:10:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 158
Total: 158

Rockford fish Swap

Started by Mugwump, January 30, 2018, 06:12:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...we're accepting table registrations now.... |^|  therockfordfishswap@gmail.com     

We are signed up at 'Spingo' which will broadcast the event on all the local TV station event sites  |^|..radio stations too.... |^|

...table signup's so far have been pretty good too... |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

...as I begin the very, very ,very early thought processes of starting another swap meet, I think I'll look into this SpinGo thing...!   thanks Mugs!

>..do you have someone that does this promoting for the event or do you do it yourself?...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on January 30, 2018, 09:27:43 AM
...as I begin the very, very ,very early thought processes of starting another swap meet, I think I'll look into this SpinGo thing...!   thanks Mugs!

>..do you have someone that does this promoting for the event or do you do it yourself?...

We do it ourselves.....Jan found Spingo....and we have it listed Amazonas too...which is free....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on January 30, 2018, 09:57:17 AM
Quote from: Ron Sower on January 30, 2018, 09:27:43 AM

We do it ourselves.....Jan found Spingo....and we have it listed Amazonas too...which is free....
...who else helps you with this swap and what do they help you with?...For the one I started in WA I had several people offer to help but they faded away as time went on...and from how far away do you draw table people?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Bob and Gale help spread the word, and we're all admins on the 'Rockford fish swap' fb group.....Gale does the front table customer/vendor check in/admissions....we all finish setting up the room layout..Jan does the vendor gmail signups....basically it's a four man team....we just jump in where needed, etc.....it works well..
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on January 30, 2018, 10:11:19 AM
Bob and Gale help spread the word, and we're all admins on the 'Rockford fish swap' fb group.....Gale does the front table customer/vendor check in/admissions....we all finish setting up the room layout..Jan does the vendor gmail signups....basically it's a four man team....we just jump in where needed, etc.....it works well..
...that's pretty much the way I did it...but the players kept changing on each one...that's all..

...so you ever try to do seminars or other kinds of training/education in rooms nearby...some of the people want to do that here...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on January 30, 2018, 10:16:07 AM
...that's pretty much the way I did it...but the players kept changing on each one...that's all..

...so you ever try to do seminars or other kinds of training/education in rooms nearby...some of the people want to do that here...

..ourselves...not yet...
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on January 30, 2018, 10:18:30 AM
Quote from: Ron Sower on January 30, 2018, 10:16:07 AM

..ourselves...not yet...
...how about a food vendor of some sort?...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

..yup...we have a gal from the venue that sets one up for free....she just keeps the $$$'s, of course.....hot soup/chili/dogs/sweet rolls/donuts/coffee/pop/chips/sandwiches...yada yada...
Jon

Mugwump

.....half the available tables are spoken for.......we have previously had around 30+ tables....shooting for 40 this time around  |^|
Jon

Mugwump

..we have the 30 tables now and a few more will go today from folks expressing interest..... |^|...looking good  |^|
Jon

wsantia1

Yes it looks good indeed.  |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.