• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 05:50:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 131
Total: 132

Monday's musings....

Started by Mugwump, January 29, 2018, 12:02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...back from WallyWorld.........a quick trip this time, some somewhat bearable  huh

..still cold out and it's dodging between snow and flurries....gusty cold winds tho........blah....so cotton in my bad ear  |^|

What's y'all doing ?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

...went to the regular Monday morning meeting...sold Spring Fling stuff...T-shirts, leis, Panama hats, visors, and flower hair clips...

...looking over my "scored items" from the auction and raffle at AAPE yesterday...picked up about 5 species of plants, 3 gold giant gouramis, some plant food, an air pump to replace a little one, some Thrive ferts, and plant tabs...

...windy here today but warm...And Mugs, the taxes aren't really high here!..

...gonna go up to the neighbor park to a meeting about their talent show in March...My buddy Ron and I are in great demand for our routine we did last year.....! ...Right!...believe it...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on January 29, 2018, 12:36:49 PM
...went to the regular Monday morning meeting...sold Spring Fling stuff...T-shirts, leis, Panama hats, visors, and flower hair clips...

...looking over my "scored items" from the auction and raffle at AAPE yesterday...picked up about 5 species of plants, 3 gold giant gouramis, some plant food, an air pump to replace a little one, some Thrive ferts, and plant tabs...

...gonna go up to the neighbor park to a meeting about their talent show in March...My buddy Ron and I are in great demand for our routine we did last year.....! ...Right!...believe it...!

...got a vid ?.... ;)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Took my old arthritic dog to the vet.  He is now on a non steroidal inflammatory, once daily, Neurontin 3 times daily, and an opiate as needed up to 3 times a day.  I got the opiate to use on grooming day but since he's been kind of hobbling around for the past few days I gave him one when we got home from the vet.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on January 29, 2018, 12:50:01 PM
Quote from: Ron Sower on January 29, 2018, 12:36:49 PM

...got a vid ?.... ;)
...no...sorry... :(
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Remember my fish customer in Hollywood FL whose box I sent a week ago today?  I checked the tracking number just for the heck of it.  The box is out for delivery.    I hope the guy knows enough not to open those bags in the house.

waterboy

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 29, 2018, 01:47:42 PM
Remember my fish customer in Hollywood FL whose box I sent a week ago today?  I checked the tracking number just for the heck of it.  The box is out for delivery.    I hope the guy knows enough not to open those bags in the house.

My money says that if your packing/shipping has anything to do with it, they will be OK.  Even though a week is a long time.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

LizStreithorst

Mugwump

...hope all is well....but waiting... huh
Jon

LizStreithorst

They've been delivered to the guy's front door.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 29, 2018, 03:55:47 PM
They've been delivered to the guy's front door.

..oh peachie........... ???
Jon

waterboy

Will they still be there when he gets home?  What with all the "porch pirates" nowadays someone might walk off with it.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on January 29, 2018, 04:49:28 PM
Will they still be there when he gets home?  What with all the "porch pirates" nowadays someone might walk off with it.

...."insult to injury"..... ???
Jon

LizStreithorst

I have agreed to replace the fish regardless.  He paid me the $30. shipping cost yesterday.   If any of the fish I sent are still alive he will still have to work to make them healthy again.  I will throw a party if they are alive.  If they are alive I need a gold medal for bagging and packing.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 29, 2018, 05:34:36 PM
I have agreed to replace the fish regardless.  He paid me the $30. shipping cost yesterday.   If any of the fish I sent are still alive he will still have to work to make them healthy again.  I will throw a party if they are alive.  If they are alive I need a gold medal for bagging and packing.

..if you fasted them well and the water didn't get too funky, and oxygen deprived....you've got a shot....I've had 'em go a week ok, but not all of the shipments either... huh
Jon