• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 03:51:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 125
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 126
Total: 126

Milkshake

Started by wallace, January 28, 2018, 02:54:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallace

Hi gang... I've been scarce lately but wanted to say hi and tell about Milkshake the kid. Her birth was a complete surprise to us. This doe got in with the stinking bucks last summer --bad timing to get kids in the winter, so Lauralee gave it an abortion shot. Well the shot didn't work and she was born, but with a rear hoof that wasn't fully formed. We wrapped the hoof, thinking it might grow in. Then after a week or so the doe decided to reject it and by that time Lauralee couldn't talk herself into culling it. Started bringing her in the house and bottle feeding 3x a day. It likes to hang out by the woodstove, and follows me everywhere.
Dan

Mugwump

...cute kid.....I like the markings....I see a very well training pet for you folks.....congrat's...... |^|

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

...Cute little lop-eared thingy...! :D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I can see how Lauralee couldn't bring herself to do the hard thing with that beautiful baby.  How's the foot progressing?
Always move forward. Never look back.

wallace

The foot is better than it started but it won't ever be right. The pads are too far forward and she doesn't put much weight on it. We put a splint and wrap on it.

Lauralee has started selling fancy goat milk soap online, so now, at any time of the day or night her phone will make a ~!Cha-Ching!~ sound when somebody buys soap... has a nice ring to it. Easier than shipping fish, thats for sure.
Dan

LizStreithorst

Shipping fish is for the masochistic.  I look at is as getting purgatory over with before I die. 

I have never known the abortion shot not to work, but you don't want this sweet darlin' to be burdened with having to carry kids when she reaches breeding age.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

What a gorgeous pet goat!  Take good care of that little sweetie!
Barb