• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu

Crazy thoughts

Started by LizStreithorst, January 27, 2018, 09:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

This crazy logical idea is unlike me.  It tells me that I should dispose of all my Angels other than my Half Blacks.  I'm not talking about selling them, I'm talking about doing them all in.  I've killed large numbers of fish before.  It was hard but I never regretted doing it once the deed was done.

I will put my Discus pair in a 40 cube with Roobios tea and let them have at it.  That dang pair keeps spawning and I keep not letting them bring up a batch of kids.  If they break my heart I will never have Discus in my fish room ever again.  The Half Blacks will be my back up project.  If a good thing happens with the Half Blacks and the Discus at the same time, I will have tank space to raise both the Angel and Discus kids.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 27, 2018, 09:33:00 PM
This crazy logical idea is unlike me.  It tells me that I should dispose of all my Angels other than my Half Blacks.  I'm not talking about selling them, I'm talking about doing them all in.  I've killed large numbers of fish before.  It was hard but I never regretted doing it once the deed was done.

I will put my Discus pair in a 40 cube with Roobios tea and let them have at it.  That dang pair keeps spawning and I keep not letting them bring up a batch of kids.  If they break my heart I will never have Discus in my fish room ever again.  The Half Blacks will be my back up project.  If a good thing happens with the Half Blacks and the Discus at the same time, I will have tank space to raise both the Angel and Discus kids.

..you have to do what pleases you in the hobby......but remembering not put all your eggs in one basket.... ;)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I've got the idea tucked away in the back of my mind.  I'm not ready to get myself ready to commit mass murder.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 29, 2018, 08:45:11 AM
I've got the idea tucked away in the back of my mind.  I'm not ready to get myself ready to commit mass murder.

:)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wallace

Maybe the Discus gods owe you a favor... you could think of the extra angels as a sacrificial offering lol.
Dan

LizStreithorst

I decided to wait until some pairs Angel pairs to spawn so I can sell them on AB.  I have a bunch quarter size gold PS and quarter size blue silvers I need to list as well. 

Barb

LizStreithorst

This is the pair.  Good pic of the male.  Not so good a pic of the female

BallAquatics

Those are some beautiful fish Liz.   ;)

Dennis

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wallace