• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 16, 2024, 01:16:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,299
  • Total Topics: 18,524
  • Online today: 155
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 88
Total: 88

Thursday, sure day....

Started by Mugwump, January 25, 2018, 01:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...sun' has been out and we're around 40degs.....light winds still feel cold tho.....

Jan got home from school and we went out for lunch at Chli's ..finally using the gift card+.....lots of good food...MMMmmmmm  |^|

so what's up folks?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Finally did my water changes.huh Saw one of the L183 fry out of the cave. Tempted to shake them all out but I'll wait a bit. Don't think there is many in there.

It is sunny but windy and cold. I can't wait for Spring.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 25, 2018, 01:36:20 PM
Finally did my water changes.huh Saw one of the L183 fry out of the cave. Tempted to shake them all out but I'll wait a bit. Don't think there is many in there.

...Bob's egg fu yung or guppy magic makes a nice feed for bn fry......it'll help draw a few more out too..... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

..settle in time folks.................hot coffee, but gotta find a few tunes..... :D
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 25, 2018, 01:41:07 PM

...Bob's egg fu yung or guppy magic makes a nice feed for bn fry......it'll help draw a few more out too..... |^|

LOL I just dropped the egg fu yung about 10 minutes ago. I saw 3 that were out.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 25, 2018, 04:37:05 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on January 25, 2018, 01:41:07 PM

LOL I just dropped the egg fu yung about 10 minutes ago. I saw 3 that were out.

...'great minds think alike'.... ;)
Jon

LizStreithorst

Just as everything was going wonderfully, the stress was of and life was good...The guy who's box of half blacks I sent Monday had still not arrived.  The box is going to Hollywood FL.  It left Gulfport MS on time Tuesday and is still trying to find it's way to Hollywood.

It was so delightful shipping one single box rather than 5.  I was feeling guilty about not posting more auctions because I really must, and now this >:(  Other people take these things in stride.  Why can't I?  They're just fish and if they arrive dead I can replace them with more of the same or refund the guy's money.  I must get over this.  I do the very best I can on my end but once give the box to the post office their fate is out of my hands.

Just before I got the bad news I got good news.  I sent my best Gold pearlscale pair to a guy in Virginia who I really liked.  His fish arrived late as well.  If they had arrived dead I would not have been able to replace them.  They arrived alive but in tough shape.  He didn't tell me how bad it was until the fish that had lost it's sense of balance recovered.  Any normal buyer would have told me how bad it was immediately!!!!!  The good news is that the pair spawned for him today.  A large tight clutch, he said.  He wanted the pair because they parent raise.  I told him that he was in for a treat.

I guess this means that all things considered the day was neutral.  I was presented with the best and worst parts of selling fish in 2 emails that showed up one right after the other.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 25, 2018, 06:42:56 PM
Just as everything was going wonderfully, the stress was of and life was good...The guy who's box of half blacks I sent Monday had still not arrived.  The box is going to Hollywood FL.  It left Gulfport MS on time Tuesday and is still trying to find it's way to Hollywood.

It was so delightful shipping one single box rather than 5.  I was feeling guilty about not posting more auctions because I really must, and now this >:(  Other people take these things in stride.  Why can't I?  They're just fish and if they arrive dead I can replace them with more of the same or refund the guy's money.  I must get over this.  I do the very best I can on my end but once give the box to the post office their fate is out of my hands.

Just before I got the bad news I got good news.  I sent my best Gold pearlscale pair to a guy in Virginia who I really liked.  His fish arrived late as well.  If they had arrived dead I would not have been able to replace them.  They arrived alive but in tough shape.  He didn't tell me how bad it was until the fish that had lost it's sense of balance recovered.  Any normal buyer would have told me how bad it was immediately!!!!!  The good news is that the pair spawned for him today.  A large tight clutch, he said.  He wanted the pair because they parent raise.  I told him that he was in for a treat.

I guess this means that all things considered the day was neutral.  I was presented with the best and worst parts of selling fish in 2 emails that showed up one right after the other.

I'm sure all will be fine....

Funny ...I can ship to some areas...even further away...and they get there fine...but a few areas that even get there on time have issues....almost like they play football with the boxes... huh
Jon

LizStreithorst

I'll focus on the nice guy with the gold pair and deal with the guy in FL when I hear from him.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...today was nice and warm so i painted some on the Tiki Bar this morning and played Samba with friends out on the deck...

...yesterday the water column was full of floating little tan specks ...it really threw me...I added an HOB on one side for the day and it was no help...this stuff just showed up...so last night I did a 20% WC and this morning there was about 75% LESS specks floating...My guess is that it was floculant from using several different plant ferts in the days before this occurred...tonight I'm going to do another small WC and see how it is tomorrow...

...Theory: The floculant re-dissolves as the replacement RO water is added...this is a WAG...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron