• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 06:08:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 199
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 193
Total: 193

How Biodiversity Can Help Shape Local Climate

Started by BallAquatics, January 23, 2018, 11:50:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on January 23, 2018, 11:50:57 PM
Don't think you can do anything about the weather?  Interesting read from Weather Underground.....

https://www.wunderground.com/cat6/weather-ground-how-biodiversity-can-help-shape-local-climate

Dennis

When we were kids, on hot days, we'd either play in the woods outside town that steam running through it....or ride our bikes under the big pine trees in town and sit for a spell.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

I really liked the part with the three ranchers and the results they are getting.....

https://vimeo.com/80518559

Dennis

Mugwump

...that's the reason that good farmers rotate crops......you can't overuse the soil by growing the same crops continually in the same space , etc....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson