• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 05:30:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 123
Total: 124

Poor Billy...

Started by BallAquatics, January 23, 2018, 01:10:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Billy and I ran out to Mom's to check on the place.  On the way back, the truck quit on us.  We had to walk the last 3 or 4 miles to get back to the house.  Billy was 13 last October.....  he bushed.  My nightly exercise paid off nicely as I had to carry him a few times so we could make it.  He weighs in at around 65 pounds and I could carry him about 100 yards before I had to put him down.  A year ago, I'd have been lucky just to walk the distance.

Dennis

wsantia1

I agree poor Billy. And you too. Good to hear you guys made it back safely. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

Thanks Willie.  He loves to ride in the car so I take him whenever I can.  He may not be is such a hurry to go the next time.

Dennis

Mugwump

...glad the event came off ok......out of gas...?...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Some sort of electrical problem.  It appeared as though the alternator simply quit charging.  The battery light came on and the volt meter dropped until it completely quit.  Was hoping it would make it to the house, but not quite.....

One of the places I do IT work for came out and loaded it up and took it back to their shop.

Dennis

Mugwump

...alternator diode went poof.....regulator shot....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on January 24, 2018, 03:13:40 AM
...alternator diode went poof.....regulator shot....

Yep, my money would be on the voltage regulator.  It's been acting up but I thought maybe I could get by until the weather warms up.....

I've been bartering IT work for car repair with the place that has the truck for about 20 years.  I'm hoping they have it all sorted before time to go to work tonight.

Dennis