• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 10:10:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 156
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 159
Total: 159

they're pairing up....

Started by Mugwump, January 19, 2018, 07:27:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....finally getting some action in a couple 'pair off' tanks......now to find space....LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

I am too....the wrong kind.  Had two het bulgarian green pair up and spawn. Pulled the eggs, none hatched. Put them in their own tank and they spawned again.  Again none hatched.  Three days later the other one laid a batch of eggs.  LOL Two females.  At least I know I have a couple females, now for them to find a male they like and I should be all set.  I think the males are maturing slower than the females.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on January 19, 2018, 09:39:09 AM
I am too....the wrong kind.  Had two het bulgarian green pair up and spawn. Pulled the eggs, none hatched. Put them in their own tank and they spawned again.  Again none hatched.  Three days later the other one laid a batch of eggs.  LOL Two females.  At least I know I have a couple females, now for them to find a male they like and I should be all set.  I think the males are maturing slower than the females.

...the old two female gambit.....LOL.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

With Discus the males are always on the slow side, but once they figure it out they're the better of the two parents. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

..watching them this morn'n to see if I could pick up in the instigators.....one take it was the blue glitters, the other it was a blue ghost....soon now.... huh
Jon