• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 11:44:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 54
Total: 54

Wednesday......coffee..

Started by Mugwump, January 17, 2018, 04:55:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Good morning All......coffee's great here...MMmmmm.... |^|

...cold morning, we're at about '0'degs now...teens later......

..errands,errands, and errands this morning.....then putz, putz, and putz... ;D

...now for more of this wonderful coffee !!!! 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Pot #2........... ;D.......grab a cup!!
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

As usual the coffee is great. Looks like we are getting our little bit of snowfall (no wind) here. Supposed to be about an inch but it will surely be slippery.

Today is Kobe's 8th birthday. He still looks and acts like a puppy. We'll try to have some fun out there after the snow dies down. He loves snow but doesn't like it coming down on him.  huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 17, 2018, 06:39:54 AM
As usual the coffee is great. Looks like we are getting our little bit of snowfall (no wind) here. Supposed to be about an inch but it will surely be slippery.

Today is Kobe's 8th birthday. He still looks and acts like a puppy. We'll try to have some fun out there after the snow dies down. He loves snow but doesn't like it coming down on him.  huh

..Happy Birthday Kobe !!!!!
Jon

LizStreithorst

8 degrees. The chickens have not left their house where the auto feeder is.  The chickens got breakfast and warm water delivered to their house.  They have not yet ventured outside.  Horse is out in the pasture rather than snuggled in the barn but I delivered her a big bucket of warm water with breakfast.  I have lived here for over 40 years and the coldest it has ever been is 12. 

Everything is shut down.  No point even trying to get to work.  I'll make a nice pot of short ribs.  One thing about this rotten weather coupled with no business is that I've been having a lot of fun cooking.
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

Stay warm Liz.  Might be the first time it's been colder down your way than it is in Ohio.....  10°F here.  Forecast is calling for mid 40's for the weekend.

Dennis

LizStreithorst

We may hit 70 Sunday.  Good to here as I have fish to ship Monday.  Is this some crazy weather or what?

Mugwump

,,,Just hibernate a bit.....good food, a good book, hot coffee/tea.....and enjoy |^|
Jon

Ron Sower

...good morning Muggers....right at 52 here today...We've got the gas fireplace going again....cozy...It heats the whole place...we're in for a week or so of cooler weather now...today up to 64, tomorrow 74,,,then several days of low to mid 60s....and that feels cold to me |brr|, whereas a couple years ago it felt warm...after the steady drizzle and 40s of the Seattle area...!!!   at least today there are no clouds like yesterday...but still have wind....

...got several things on my plate today...type up minutes from yesterday's meeting...pay some utility bills...process a few GSAS memberships...haircut,,,and recruit a couple people to help with the Chicken Bingo in Spring Fling...

...Oh and lunch at the Country Store...the bazaar every 1st and 3rd Wed during the season....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I just took the dogs out to pee.  While I was out I saw the white snow on top of my green magnolia leaves and the white snow on my female holly tree that is full red berries.  Both would have made pretty pictures but It was too cold for me to want to stand out there with my camera and compose a photograph.  I'll try to get up the nerve later.  It won't look light it looks now forever.

Ron Sower

...sometimes I take the shot, then crop it later for composition...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on January 17, 2018, 09:52:34 AM
...good morning Muggers....right at 52 here today...We've got the gas fireplace going again....cozy...It heats the whole place...we're in for a week or so of cooler weather now...today up to 64, tomorrow 74,,,then several days of low to mid 60s....and that feels cold to me |brr|, whereas a couple years ago it felt warm...after the steady drizzle and 40s of the Seattle area...!!!   at least today there are no clouds like yesterday...but still have wind....

...got several things on my plate today...type up minutes from yesterday's meeting...pay some utility bills...process a few GSAS memberships...haircut,,,and recruit a couple people to help with the Chicken Bingo in Spring Fling...

...Oh and lunch at the Country Store...the bazaar every 1st and 3rd Wed during the season....

We need to get one of those gas fire places too..... |^|
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on January 17, 2018, 10:06:55 AM
Quote from: Ron Sower on January 17, 2018, 09:52:34 AM

We need to get one of those gas fire places too..... |^|
... Lucy pointed out that her concern that there is no flue to the outside and now we're concerned about CO poisoning so we don't leave it on at night...However I leave my window right above my head open all the time... I don't think our smoke detector has the CO monitoring capability so I'm going to get one today or tomorrow...

...we're using the heater because the heater strips on the AC aren't functioning this year...guess I gotta get this checked out...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I will use only wood.  Wood heat warms you from the inside out.  I had only a wood burning heater for years and I was always toasty warm.  Problem is that wood is a lot of work and makes a mess, and I'm old and no longer want to cut up trees and split firewood.  A wood fire is a luxury if you buy wood.  My gas heat from the furnace is not my favorite kind of heat but under the circumstances is was a good choice.