• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 08:43:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 115
Total: 115

Another Tuesday...

Started by Mugwump, January 16, 2018, 11:49:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...slow going here....got a few things done.....now searching the fridge for some lunch.... |^|

...what's happening folks ?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

...success !!!...left over pork chop on top of mashers, smothered in gravy, and nuked......wonderful... |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I actually had 3 whole dogs today.  I couldn't believe it!
A local guy called all hot to buy angelfish.  That almost never happens. 
It didn't start to get cold until around noon.  Tiny pellets of ice came down as I was driving home at 1 o'clock.  It's snowing now.  It will drop to 13 degrees overnight. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 16, 2018, 05:21:11 PM
I actually had 3 whole dogs today.  I couldn't believe it!
A local guy called all hot to buy angelfish.  That almost never happens. 
It didn't start to get cold until around noon.  Tiny pellets of ice came down as I was driving home at 1 o'clock.  It's snowing now.  It will drop to 13 degrees overnight.

...whoa the front is traveling way south this year.... huh
Jon

Ron Sower

...worked on comparing our Declaration of Restrictions to the State Laws concerning Planned Communities...I volunteered for this because I think it's important for our community to be in compliance with State Laws...then at 1pm we had the actual committee meeting...there are several other documents, like the bylaws and rules and regs that we will be going thru as well....It will be a year long project...

...after the meeting UncaBubbaJimBob came over with his OBD and we analysed the Burban which got all funky and ran on about half the cylinders yesterday...turned out it was a bad battery cell that I think screwed up the computer when I started it after a jump...anyway, went down to NAPA...they checked the battery and...yep...a dead cell...! bought one...brought it home...put it in the Burban and everything went fine...UncaBubba says the computer reset itself by being disconnected for awhile....I sure am learning a lot...! Usually I pick up a wrench, look at a car, and my knuckles start bleeding..! :D :D :D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on January 16, 2018, 08:28:29 PM
...worked on comparing our Declaration of Restrictions to the State Laws concerning Planned Communities...I volunteered for this because I think it's important for our community to be in compliance with State Laws...then at 1pm we had the actual committee meeting...there are several other documents, like the bylaws and rules and regs that we will be going thru as well....It will be a year long project...

...after the meeting UncaBubbaJimBob came over with his OBD and we analysed the Burban which got all funky and ran on about half the cylinders yesterday...turned out it was a bad battery cell that I think screwed up the computer when I started it after a jump...anyway, went down to NAPA...they checked the battery and...yep...a dead cell...! bought one...brought it home...put it in the Burban and everything went fine...UncaBubba says the computer reset itself by being disconnected for awhile....I sure am learning a lot...! Usually I pick up a wrench, look at a car, and my knuckles start bleeding..! :D :D :D

....cool beans......I remember when you could work on cars a lot easier than these days..... 8)
Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on January 17, 2018, 04:09:47 AM
....cool beans......I remember when you could work on cars a lot easier than these days..... 8)

Amen to that....  if you had a nail file, a screw driver and a pair of pliers you were all set.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on January 17, 2018, 04:13:55 AM

Amen to that....  if you had a nail file, a screw driver and a pair of pliers you were all set.

Dennis

...and a hammer......LOLOLOL  ;)
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on January 17, 2018, 04:27:12 AM
Quote from: BallAquatics on January 17, 2018, 04:13:55 AM

Dennis

...and a hammer......LOLOLOL  ;)
...my Dad always did his own mechanic's work on his cars...until the computers started going into them...If he were around today and in his younger years (he died at 81) he would have one of the OBDs and probably still be working on them...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron