• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 08:58:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 155
Total: 155

Thursday morn'n coffee

Started by Mugwump, January 11, 2018, 05:01:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Good morn'n all.......coffee's great  |^|

...a balmy 52degs out there now...rainy today and dropping about 40degs into the teens tonight.... ???   

..nothing on the agenda yet for today.....so we'll just take it as it comes along.....

...more coffee....brb
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Pot #2.............grab a cup.... ;)

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Good morning Jon. The coffee is great here. Had two cups and may dive in for a third one. Quite nice outside for now. Rain is moving in tonight.

Nothing planned for today so I'll just take the day as it comes.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 11, 2018, 06:44:57 AM
Good morning Jon. The coffee is great here. Had two cups and may dive in for a third one. Quite nice outside for now. Rain is moving in tonight.

Morn'n Willie......

..these hot/cold fronts are driving my sinuses bonkers..... wfwf.....
Jon

Mugwump

..just checked the weather again.....the rain will change over to ice this afternoon...........oh joy... wfwf wfwf wfwf wfwf wfwf

...we're not going anywhere for sure now..... |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

Morning all.  High of 69 today, then rain and a 30 degree drop in temps for the next several days.

My box to VA is at the local post office.  The buyer said that the sorting facility was only a half hour from where he works.  It seems like the morons just forgot to put the box on the truck yesterday.  The fish should be fine.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 11, 2018, 06:51:21 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on January 11, 2018, 06:44:57 AM

Morn'n Willie......

..these hot/cold fronts are driving my sinuses bonkers..... wfwf.....

Mine too. huh
Willie

LizStreithorst

Jeeze Louise, the owner of my sole dog of the day just called and cancelled.  She thinks she has the flu.  I may just stay home and wash windows.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 11, 2018, 08:02:28 AM
Jeeze Louise, the owner of my sole dog of the day just called and cancelled.  She thinks she has the flu.  I may just stay home and wash windows.

....figured that I'd get a nap in..........nope......so went down and did the wash......that nasty flu is popping up everywhere.......keep washing your hands folks for a fighting chance... |^|

Jan and I, get flu shots every year.....so far, so good.....and fingers crossed....
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 11, 2018, 08:51:43 AM

....figured that I'd get a nap in..........nope......so went down and did the wash......that nasty flu is popping up everywhere.......keep washing your hands folks for a fighting chance... |^|

Jan and I, get flu shots every year.....so far, so good.....and fingers crossed....

I got the flu shot this year too. So far so good.
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 11, 2018, 09:28:49 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on January 11, 2018, 08:51:43 AM

I got the flu shot this year too. So far so good.

..yup, ...they're free with Medicare.....did you get the one time pneumonia shot as well...... |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

Hurray!!!!!  The box to the nice guy in VA arrived and the fish are fine ;D

I never get the flu shot.  I know I should.  After first saying that they had a good match for the strains circulating they later found out that this year's shot was all but worthless.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 11, 2018, 09:49:40 AM
Hurray!!!!!  The box to the nice guy in VA arrived and the fish are fine ;D

I never get the flu shot.  I know I should.  After first saying that they had a good match for the strains circulating they later found out that this year's shot was all but worthless.

..We got the 'high dose' vaccine.....different from the std flu shots...you can ask for it...tho our Walgreen's recommended it for us... :)

High-dose flu vaccine

There are many types of flu vaccines. One vaccine meant specifically for persons over 65 is called the high-dose flu vaccine. This vaccine is a stronger flu shot. It contains four times more antigen to create better protection. As we age, our immune system weakens and has increased difficulty fighting off infections. So patients over the age of 65 have the option of getting the high-dose vaccine. A recent study found that the high-dose vaccine is 24 percent more effective in preventing the flu compared to the regular vaccine. This vaccine provides better protection against flu-like illnesses in patients 65 and older.
Jon

LizStreithorst

I know all about it.  A doctor has a program on Mississippi Public Radio every Wed.  He 'splained it all.  He also said that this years shot was a terrible match for the strains going around.  I will get vaccinated for the flu when the vaccine if effective or when my immune system fails me and have to suffer through it.  I don't know why I'm so stubborn about this one vaccine.  It's not like I have a fear of needles huh

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 11, 2018, 10:37:28 AM
I know all about it.  A doctor has a program on Mississippi Public Radio every Wed.  He 'splained it all.  He also said that this years shot was a terrible match for the strains going around.  I will get vaccinated for the flu when the vaccine if effective or when my immune system fails me and have to suffer through it.  I don't know why I'm so stubborn about this one vaccine.  It's not like I have a fear of needles huh

...it's hell keeping up with the new strains......
Jon