• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 09:06:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 276
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 133
Total: 133

The horse

Started by LizStreithorst, January 10, 2018, 02:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

The vet came a week ago and did a dentistry on her.  It's called "floating the teeth".  It's pretty brutal compared to human or dog dentistry.  He said that her top teeth were good but her bottom teeth were warn down to the gums.  She will no longer be able to eat even the most young tender hay.  She can pretty much still eat the tender grass but other than that, just a pelleted feed made for old horses.  The label even says that you can easily turn it into a mash for horses that have to drink their food.
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

I'm sure she will be getting plenty of TLC from you Liz.   ;)

Dennis

LizStreithorst

She is doing well on her new food for old horses.  She's looking better and tonight when I called her for dinner she came running at a gallop bucking and tossing her head like a young filly showing off.  I'm feeding her morning lunch and dinner, 5 lbs of feed at each meal.  When there's not snow on the ground there is some tender rye grass and some hairy vetch in the pasture.
Always move forward. Never look back.