• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 12:00:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 199
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 146
Total: 147

WedNESday

Started by Mugwump, January 10, 2018, 05:15:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

.....the morning coffee is delicious......MMMmmm......awful good..

...40's today as the rain moves in......a dreary day for sure....but we'll be in the fish room putz'n around... |^|

...da Demon is full of it this morning......think 'ricochet rabbit'......

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Pot #2.....grab a cup....

...salt trucks just went by....we have a foggy, misty, drizzle freezing up out there.......nasty stuff to drive on.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

....seems the flu is really making the rounds here......hospital is telling folks to see their personal doc's....the emergency room was overflowing......and being a virus, not much that they can do anyway.....

...Great Britain is a mess............so far, no one one in the family has been down with it.....
Jon

wsantia1

Late start and then water changes. Coffee was great and we are quite balmy at 37 degrees. Now to start looking for dinner.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

We have just emerged from the fish room......water changes done and we did some tidying up too......

....yup, we're scouting for dinner too....... |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

Misty and warm here.  The ground is so soggy that It's impossible not to track in.  We're having more rain and a high of 69 tomorrow.  Friday night it will drop to the mid 20's and Saturday it will go down to the low 20's.  My business has been suffering since before Christmas.  I can survive but life is boring.  It's too wet or too cold to play outside.  If I get desperate enough I'll wash windows, but it hasn't come to that yet.

One box, the one with the with the most fish arrived in PA on time and the fish were in great shape.  The others are out for delivery except for one that is in limbo but at least not going in the wrong direction.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 10, 2018, 02:07:13 PM
Misty and warm here.  The ground is so soggy that It's impossible not to track in.  We're having more rain and a high of 69 tomorrow.  Friday night it will drop to the mid 20's and Saturday it will go down to the low 20's.  My business has been suffering since before Christmas.  I can survive but life is boring.  It's too wet or too cold to play outside.  If I get desperate enough I'll wash windows, but it hasn't come to that yet.

One box, the one with the with the most fish arrived in PA on time and the fish were in great shape.  The others are out for delivery except for one that is in limbo but at least not going in the wrong direction.

...fresh pot of coffee started....smells awfully good.....MMMMMmmmm

Where was the box in limbo headed...?
Jon

LizStreithorst

It's going to the guy in Virginia who had me ship to his place of work because it would be safer than shipping to his house.  It was at the sorting facility last night.  It was sent to the local Post Office this morning but has not yet been scanned in there.  It figures...Of all the people I shipped to this guy was my favorite.  He saw my Angels and wanted them when I advertised them on Simply but he couldn't afford them then.  Before he bid he asked if he could pay for the auction then and there and pay the shipping cost on Jan 1st.  I said "sure" and just as he said the shipping money was in my PayPal account on Jan 1st. 

The other two shipments were delivered to "the front door" before 2pm central.  If a fish is dead they have less than an hour to contact me. 

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 10, 2018, 03:03:06 PM
It's going to the guy in Virginia who had me ship to his place of work because it would be safer than shipping to his house.  It was at the sorting facility last night.  It was sent to the local Post Office this morning but has not yet been scanned in there.  It figures...Of all the people I shipped to this guy was my favorite.  He saw my Angels and wanted them when I advertised them on Simply but he couldn't afford them then.  Before he bid he asked if he could pay for the auction then and there and pay the shipping cost on Jan 1st.  I said "sure" and just as he said the shipping money was in my PayPal account on Jan 1st. 

The other two shipments were delivered to "the front door" before 2pm central.  If a fish is dead they have less than an hour to contact me.

....I hate "the front door" notation.....our local carrier always rings the bell......if no response, he takes it with him and comes back at the end of his route.....good guy....and has a fish tank too...so he understands.... |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

The guy in WI who bought them on the Angelfish Forum replied on the forum that his had arrived fine and he loved them.

LizStreithorst

With some buyers on AB no news is good news  huh

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 10, 2018, 03:47:40 PM
The guy in WI who bought them on the Angelfish Forum replied on the forum that his had arrived fine and he loved them.

...saw that......nice job ! |^|

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 10, 2018, 03:50:55 PM
With some buyers on AB no news is good news  huh

....some are all together clueless too.. ;)
Jon