• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 05:33:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 200
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 193
Total: 193

..and so goes Tuesday...

Started by Mugwump, January 09, 2018, 11:26:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...#2 son and lovely DIL stopped by putting plans for the day on hold...........always nice to shoot the breeze with them... |^|

....so today's stuff becomes tomorrows stuff.....LOL....

...still foggy and kinda blah here for us.....but we may as well run a few errands, etc.....get out of the house stuff.. |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

....dinners done....the support staff all fed....now we're just kick'd back and relaxing.... |^|

..pull up a chair....tell us about your day.. ;)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

We've got chicken and a pork shoulder on the smoker.

Ron Sower

...went to the board meeting this morning...

...Walked Dean's and Jil's 2 little dogs twice...D & J are really sick with flu or something related...

...putzed and went to the "Colorado Dinner"...It's a thing here where several of the people from their home state set up a potluck and lots of people from the state come and visit and eat...we went because Lucy lived in Denver for a year while she was a stewardist about a hundred years ago...I went because I visited Colorado Springs several years back...! :D  Actually we both went because Jim and Annette invited us to go with them...They're going with us to the Washington Dinner...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on January 09, 2018, 05:19:06 PM

Doc says I'm not cancer free, but it's improving.  These blood tests they run are amazing.  Shows right down to the vitamin deficiency level.....

GP wants me to start a thyroid medication.  They are thinking it's the cause of some of my new-found aches & pains.  Might try it short-term....  no interest in long-term medications that don't fix the actual problem.

Need to get the club newsletter pulled together tonight.  We have a swap coming up on the 21st and I want to get it out before then.

The Greater Cincinnati Aquarium Society contacted me about doing a new website for them.  Should be a fun project if they are not in a big hurry.

Dennis

wsantia1

Quote from: BallAquatics on January 09, 2018, 10:06:24 PM

Doc says I'm not cancer free, but it's improving.  These blood tests they run are amazing.  Shows right down to the vitamin deficiency level.....

GP wants me to start a thyroid medication.  They are thinking it's the cause of some of my new-found aches & pains.  Might try it short-term....  no interest in long-term medications that don't fix the actual problem.

Need to get the club newsletter pulled together tonight.  We have a swap coming up on the 21st and I want to get it out before then.

The Greater Cincinnati Aquarium Society contacted me about doing a new website for them.  Should be a fun project if they are not in a big hurry.

Dennis

Dennis, my thoughts and prayers with you. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Quote from: BallAquatics on January 09, 2018, 10:06:24 PM

Dennis

Well that sucks.  Is the cancer still in the same place?  Do they day that your thyroid is hypo or hyper?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...Dennis, We're with you, Buddy!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

Thanks for the well wishes folks!  I'm fine.  I feel great too, thanks to my nightly Walmart work-out.

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 10, 2018, 06:55:53 PM
Do they say that your thyroid is hypo or hyper?

Liz, they say it's hypo.....  out-put is down from what it should be.  After the Doc suggested the medication, I checked some of the symptoms and I have several that I'm acutely aware of.  I'll give it a shot and see how it works out.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on January 12, 2018, 03:37:18 PM
Thanks for the well wishes folks!  I'm fine.  I feel great too, thanks to my nightly Walmart work-out.

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 10, 2018, 06:55:53 PM
Do they say that your thyroid is hypo or hyper?

Liz, they say it's hypo.....  out-put is down from what it should be.  After the Doc suggested the medication, I checked some of the symptoms and I have several that I'm acutely aware of.  I'll give it a shot and see how it works out.

Dennis

.....did he give you 'statins' ?..........Jan takes them,,,,she had her thyroid removed....goiters....
Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on January 12, 2018, 05:19:46 PM
.....did he give you 'statins' ?..........

Not sure, I haven't when to pick up the prescription yet.  LOL

Dennis