• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu

dosing CO2

Started by Mugwump, January 06, 2018, 05:35:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...for those using co2 in planted tanks.....how much do you dose?....is there a chart for.. tank size..plant density..etc......I think Scott used a regulator?...do they need calibrating?....

I have a general idea from looking around some...but there must be some plus/minus to it.....or tweaks.. huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

.....just found this here on the forum.....forgot all about it....doh
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.mugwump-fish-world.com//index.php?topic=167.0

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

I've never dosed CO2, seems like a lot of extra bother.  I just propagate the plants that grow in my tanks.  Italian Valisneria and Amazon swords seem to do pretty good without it. 
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

..pretty much the same here...swords, anubias, etc.....but it would be nice to have some ground cover plants in the 75 in front of the comfy chairs....perhaps I'll try the diy co2 in 2 ltr bottles again.....it worked pretty well in the 30 long that was tried before here...... huh
Jon