• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 08:03:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 172
Total: 172

What is it called

Started by LizStreithorst, December 28, 2017, 07:38:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I tried to take pics of my 5 pairs but their water is dark with tea and I couldn't get decent shots.  All I know is that I see plump here and there on the shiny parts of these Paraibas.  Not all the shiny scales are plump.  These fish have been breeding age for months and the plump scales are still just limited to the shiny places.  With my Sunsets from Dale, the shiny is flat.  On my gold pearlscales that I adore, every scale is plump and shiny.

I wish a smart Angelfish person lived close to me and could come visit and look at the fish.  On one hand, I see what I see.  All my other fish of the same age are all pearls.  I'm pretty sure that they came from a blue pearlscale ghost pair.  I got blue silvers, blue ghosts, and a blue clown or two, and these paraibas.

I have one pair that will turn a huge batch they will turn loose to free swim tomorrow.  All the other pairs eat their dang eggs.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

..are you seeing something similar to this... huh

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Similar but much more pronounced,

Mugwump

..above is just the iridescent patch from the blushing exposing the underlying scales....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Mugwump

Jon