• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 05:13:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 147
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 141
Total: 141

Got Good News Today

Started by PaulineMi, June 06, 2013, 06:17:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

Doc said my foot is totally healed after the surgery. She said I was in the top 5% in healing speed...comparable to patients in their 20s!! Can get back to regular shoes and walking around as tolerated.

First thing I did when I got home......huge water change on the discus tank, dragging out the pump and hoses, no shortcuts.   ;D

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

That's great news Pauline!

Dennis

ilroost

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on June 06, 2013, 06:17:40 PM
Doc said my foot is totally healed after the surgery. She said I was in the top 5% in healing speed...comparable to patients in their 20s!! Can get back to regular shoes and walking around as tolerated.

First thing I did when I got home......huge water change on the discus tank, dragging out the pump and hoses, no shortcuts.   ;D

Did you do a little jig too  ????....LOL....that's wonderful news... ;D ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JR

Great news great to hear that
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Barb

Sounds like you are a fast healer Pauline, that's great! Take care of those feet.

I forgot to tell you that my "jungle experiences" were in the Philippines Haiti, and Hawaii.  Huge plants in  those places, ones that we grow small as houseplants here , grow there as trees or huge bushes or gigantic vines.
Barb

PaulineMi

Thanks all.  :D. I'm looking forward to getting back on my bike. Doug and I enjoy post coffee morning rides and we thought it would be awhile yet before we could ride again.

Barb were those military related trips?
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Barb

Philippines- Military for 2 yrs there, USAF, both of us
Haiti-visiting my brother who was a USMC security guard at the embassy
Hawaii-vacation 12 yrs ago.
Barb

BallAquatics

Quote from: PaulineMi on June 06, 2013, 08:14:06 PM
I'm looking forward to getting back on my bike.

That's cool Pauline.  There is this Rail to Trails program where they have taken old rail way lines and turned them into bike trails.  The last time I checked there were dozens of trails here in central Ohio.  Perhaps there are also some near to you.  They are very smooth and fairly flat being old railroad beds and make for some fantastic bike rides.  My son and I used to go for hours back when he still lived at home.

http://www.railstotrails.org/index.html

Dennis

PaulineMi

There are rails to trails here in Michigan also.   There is one that was being developed just a couple of miles down the road from us.  It's been on hold for awhile now most likely due to funding issues. 

There is a nice river trail in Lansing just south of us and a 20+ mile bike trail in and around a park/river system in a town not too far away.

We do "cheat" though.  We have little power assist batteries on our bikes.  Makes those headwinds and hills a bit easier to navigate. :)) And if we get to feeling crazy we can push the red button on the controller and go 20 mph without pedalling at all.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

b125killer

That is good news about your foot. I'm happy for you.
Scott

PaulineMi

wiggs

Pauline, Good to hear that your foot is better. I know how it is not being able to move around or do the things that you normanly do. I have had a knee replaced and it was hard not doing, what I was wanting to do. Also I know that I will have to have my other knee replaced and I am not looking foreward to it. I know that your really happy about being able to get things done. 
Jan

PaulineMi

Yes Jan.  You're right. The limitations get old pretty fast. I've found that now that I'm in my "golden years" tolerating limitations is difficult. There are things to do and places to go.  ;)

My husband had knee replacements but unfortunately there were complications with his. The same knee was done four times. The first one was done 10 years ago resulting in permanent disability and loss of his job.  Surgeries were done in August, November and the following May. The last one was two years ago.

Hubby's experience was extremely unusual but it sure made me think real hard before I decided to go ahead with my surgery. Happily all went well and he turned out to be a very good care giver.  :)

shatanka

Sorry, I am a little late on this, but I am very happy your surgery turned out well and that you are all healed up well, Pauline! GREAT NEWS! I totally sympathize with you on all you went through with all of that. Going through some issues myself right now and can't hardly use my arm..(hence why I haven't been on much lately- old injury-fractured vertebrae injury in my neck now causing more issues) might need surgery myself shortly. It is scarey thinking about it and I understand your concerns. So glad it all turned out well for you and that you are back to your old self!