• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 09:06:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 155
Total: 155

Tuesday thaw....

Started by Mugwump, December 12, 2017, 11:25:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...isn't going to happen...LOL....so I shoveled the drive, and walks...and threw down some salt....looks better now....it's a good thing that I did go out too, there was a thin layer of ice under that snow....'slip city' for sure.... :o

...I didn't realize just how cold it was out there and wore my sneakers.....not a good idea.... ;)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

yesterday was the warm day here.  It was in the 60's and the last of the snow melted.  Today was nice but chilly.  Tonight it will drop to 29.  No more symptoms of climate change are forecast in the near future.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

...dayammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

From Boz: As things turned out at the very end of the sessions we had a small amount of time left and everyone who'd been involved were all there. Now it was very difficult to get everyone in the studio at one time because Muscle Shoals wasn't very big. We had the horns out in the corridor, I was singing in the rest room next to the soda machine, and Duane was enclosed with his amplifier in a kind of broom closet in the middle. We just started to run it through for one take to make sure that everyone knew where they were going, and then because time was running out, went for one final take. The energy that was in the room was just fantastic; Roger Hawkins on the drums really got into the thing, changing up the tempo several times, and the sax player just came up with this riff that the others fell into. And of course Duane's playing was just out of sight.

It's not just Boz and Duane. Great as Duane was, and Boz is, there were a lot of good musicians and a good engineer on that album. Absolutely brilliant track: • Boz Scaggs – guitar, vocals • Tracy Nelson – background vocals • Jeanie Greene – background vocals • Duane Allman – guitar, dobro, slide guitar • Joe Arnold – tenor saxophone • Barry Beckett – keyboards • Ben Cauley – trumpet • Charles Chalmers – tenor saxophone • Joyce Dunn – background vocals • Roger Hawkins – drums • Eddie Hinton – guitar, slide guitar, dobro • Mary Holliday – background vocals • David Hood – bass • Jimmy Johnson – guitar • Al Lester – fiddle, violin • Gene "Bowlegs" Miller – trombone, trumpet • James Mitchell – baritone saxophone • Floyd Newman – baritone saxophone • Terry Manning – engineer • Irma Routen – background vocals Donna Jean Godchaux née, Thatcher – background vocals
Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon