• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 11:17:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,312
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 292
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 295
Total: 295

Cold Friday morn'n...

Started by Mugwump, December 08, 2017, 05:09:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...is your new Smokey Joe a gas grill ?....you can heat water with it....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

No, but I can light the stove top burners with a match.   No heat is less a problem than no air for fish.

Everything will be fine.  If the power goes out I'll sleep in the fish room all bundled up with a ton of dogs keeping warm against my body and get up in my drunken state and agitate the water with my hand. 

The pretty snow is falling off the trees.  Ice is forming on branches and twigs.  I screwed up the generator because I got complacent.  Before ice has a chance to freeze I'll go down and do a big WC on all the tanks so they all get lots of dissolved O2.  I'm going to do it now while all my electricity still works.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

..just looked at your weather radar........you've had more snow than we have so far......and still a bit to go too.....WOW......crazy...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

We had highs in the low to mid 70's last week.  Crazy indeed even for Mississippi weather.
Always move forward. Never look back.