• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 03:38:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 192
Total: 192

Cold Friday morn'n...

Started by Mugwump, December 08, 2017, 05:09:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...the coffee is hot and delicious....MMMmmmmm..... |^|

....16 outside....might see 30's.....snow tonight......no problem, we'll just be tinkering and putz'n,,,might make a quick run to the book store tho  huh

now, of course, more coffee.... ;)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

This is what I woke up to.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

LOL.....hope the chicks are ok.....

..oh...do you even own a snow shovel?..... huh.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Chickens don't mind the cold.  Mine are out and about.  The small short haired dogs all decided to shit in the house, though.

Nobody even knows what a show shovel is down this way.  They say we'll get between one and three inches.  It will get up to 35 degrees today but it will be in the mid 20's tonight and the roads will be icy.  I think I'll just hibernate for the next two days.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 08, 2017, 07:33:31 AM
Chickens don't mind the cold.  Mine are out and about.  The small short haired dogs all decided to shit in the house, though.

Nobody even knows what a show shovel is down this way.  They say we'll get between one and three inches.  It will get up to 35 degrees today but it will be in the mid 20's tonight and the roads will be icy.  I think I'll just hibernate for the next two days.

.... |^|
Jon

Ron Sower

...good luck, Liz...

...again, it' 53 here right now...I'm not going to complain about the cold here any more...at least we don't have snow....

...taking Lucy to the airport at noon to go to Seattle/Tacoma...memorial service for a friend in the old hood....I'll be batching it for 4 days...

...gonna cook some scrambled eggs and ham now....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

It's still coming down in big fat water filled flakes.  Accumulation is 3+" so far.  It will get up to 35 for a few hours before it drops to the mid 20's during the night.

One thing worries me and it's because I was a bad person.  I haven't run my generator for 3 months and now it won't crank.  If the temps go above freezing for a few hrs and then drop fast their will be ice on the wires and I'll be screwed when the power goes out.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 08, 2017, 11:38:19 AM
It's still coming down in big fat water filled flakes.  Accumulation is 3+" so far.  It will get up to 35 for a few hours before it drops to the mid 20's during the night.

One thing worries me and it's because I was a bad person.  I haven't run my generator for 3 months and now it won't crank.  If the temps go above freezing for a few hrs and then drop fast their will be ice on the wires and I'll be screwed when the power goes out.

...it won't crank???...you mean even turn over?....or you get nothing when you try?
Jon

LizStreithorst

It turns over but doesn't run.

Mugwump

..did you flip the choke on?......check the plug?......LOL...the gas line turned 'on'...and gas full?...

..just tossing things out there....
Jon

LizStreithorst

I haven't pulled the plug.  I hope I can find the right socket.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 08, 2017, 11:57:41 AM
I haven't pulled the plug.  I hope I can find the right socket.

...check the wiring too, in case some meeses's or something nibbled them.....electrical tape can fix that temporarily
Jon

Mugwump

....if old gas....fresh fill up will do the trick too.....but it should still 'cough' anyway.... huh
Jon

LizStreithorst

Gas is 3+ months old.  I know better.  I should have put it in the Peamite after a month and bought fresh.  If the fish get cold and die it'll be my own damn fault.

I don't think I want to risk driving over the leaf river bridge for gas but I'll think about it.  They haven't even put sand on the roads.  We don't get snow like this in MS.

LizStreithorst

It sure is beautiful.  I went outside to take some pics and when I came back inside my 5 hens were in the house!  I let them hang out for inside for a half hour before I herded them back outside. 

I have decided how I will deal with this unexpected weather event.  I shall drink beer, which I'm low on  w!w which I have lots of and mim of which I have 350 ml of good brandy and a full fifth of Grey Goose.  In other words I'll get plastered.