• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 02:42:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 140
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 153
Total: 153

USPS

Started by LizStreithorst, November 29, 2017, 03:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 04, 2017, 02:32:22 PM
From now on bagging and packing will just be a chore I don't enjoy.  I finally know that I can do it right.

That's all that you can do.  You do your very best, and then hope that things work out.

Back when I was shipping a lot, I would always lose more fish to summer heat rather than winters cold.

Dennis

LizStreithorst

Someone please 'splain this me  This guy lives 7 hrs from me.  He shipped the fish Monday.  The box spent a while in Houston but is now on it's way to me.  Tracking says that it will be delivered Saturday.

Why do they say that?  They're not doing it to cover their asses if they screw up because like George said, they don't give a refund at all for late delivery except for express.  This new tracking thing they have going on sucks and their timely delivery sucks as well  I looked into UPS but have the smart fish people on Aquaboards say that UPS sucks as much and costs more.  Only Discus people can afford FedEx prices.

Expected Delivery by

SATURDAY
DECEMBER
by
8:00pm
Status

In-Transit
December 6, 2017 at 9:53 am
IN TRANSIT TO DESTINATION
On its way to ELLISVILLE, MS 39437
Get Updates
In-Transit
Text & Email Updates
Tracking History
December 6, 2017, 9:53 am
In Transit to Destination
On its way to ELLISVILLE, MS 39437 
The item is currently in transit to the destination as of December 6, 2017 at 9:53 am. It is on its way to ELLISVILLE, MS 39437.
December 5, 2017, 3:53 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
NORTH HOUSTON TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
December 5, 2017, 2:38 am
Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
KATY, TX 77493 
December 4, 2017, 4:30 pm
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
KATY, TX 77493 
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

I guess I was ready to pick a fight with USPS even though they don't care squat about what I think.  They know that I'm stuck with them.  As bad as they are there is no better affordable alternative.  I found the page where I could bitch to them directly.  The feedback option were "praise" or "suggest".  I chose "suggest" and started my to the point review with the words, "I respectfully suggest" and then went off on them in respectful manner.  The muse was with me. 

It felt good.  I know that whoever reads it will mentally flip me the bird and nothing will change.

GeorgeG

Let me see if I can explain it. The Post Office does not have any airplanes of their own any more. They sold them off back in 1997/98. They no longer haul their package over the road either. The large Post Office trucks you do see are for local drop off and pickups at the local stations. One truck with a 40 ft trailer goes from one station to the next picking up cages of mail and when it is loaded they take it to the mail sorting station to be moved by another carrier. All shipments are contracted out to FedEx, UPS and other trucking companies.  The packages going across country by air (Express) use FedEx and UPS and they are in no rush to move the mail their packages get priority since you are not paying the large FedEx/ UPS rates. Once the package leaves the Post Office hands the other carriers cannot scan them as far as I know so until it reachs another post office you don't see a new scan until it gets to another Post Office.Years ago the Post decided they did not need the package business and that mail letters was enough. No one saw into the future and could not see what technology would do and now the Post Office has been trying to catch up. Not everyone writes a check or letter any more so the revenue is not that great any more so trying to upgrade equipment to keep up is hard to do. They are still the best deal for the money but not always the best. Like all the other carriers you have the good, bad and ugly.

LizStreithorst

You 'splained it.  Once I had a box over to USPS it's destiny is not just out of my hands, it's out of their hands as well.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 06, 2017, 05:51:39 PM
You 'splained it.  Once I had a box over to USPS it's destiny is not just out of my hands, it's out of their hands as well.

....compounded by all the seasonal help hired on for the holidays........that's why most folks don't ship fish in December...live and learn, I guess  huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson