• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 06:46:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 199
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 187
Total: 188

USPS

Started by LizStreithorst, November 29, 2017, 03:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

No change in the box going to MN but it's just 7 little fish not the 36 I sent to Kentucky.  The guy in KY lives in Steele.  Just 4 hrs from WV.  Perhaps their is still a shred of hope.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 01, 2017, 07:40:12 AM
No change in the box going to MN but it's just 7 little fish not the 36 I sent to Kentucky.  The guy in KY lives in Steele.  Just 4 hrs from WV.  Perhaps their is still a shred of hope.

All yjose bags of fish will help keep each other warm for a bit too.....they'll share the heat I suppose.....it'll take longer for them all to get cold ...

...here's hoping anyway..... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Both boxes arrived this morning and it's a miracle...All fish are alive!!!!!  I have more confidence in my packing than I have ever had in my life. 

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 01, 2017, 02:34:17 PM
Both boxes arrived this morning and it's a miracle...All fish are alive!!!!!  I have more confidence in my packing than I have ever had in my life.

.....BINGO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....that's great !!!!!!!!!!!  |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

Neato!!!!!  GOOD NEWS  I figured you were stressing yourself out for nothing.  Now go relax and have a cold one.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

LizStreithorst

Hey Dale,  it was looking pretty bleak for those fish.  4 days is hard on fish even when it's warm out.  In the winter 4 days is a killer.  I have a full box of 72 hr heat packs but when they are gone I'll be buying the 96 hr ones.  32 degrees in December may be warm for MN but it's not warm for fish used to 80 degree water.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 01, 2017, 03:18:29 PM
Hey Dale,  it was looking pretty bleak for those fish.  4 days is hard on fish even when it's warm out.  In the winter 4 days is a killer.  I have a full box of 72 hr heat packs but when they are gone I'll be buying the 96 hr ones.  32 degrees in December may be warm for MN but it's not warm for fish used to 80 degree water.

....It's been noted by a few folks that the 96hr get awfully hot.......I'm staying with the 72hr til the jury is out.... huh
Jon

LizStreithorst

I have a ton of 72's.  The jury will be in once I need more heat packs.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 01, 2017, 03:26:18 PM
I have a ton of 72's.  The jury will be in once I need more heat packs.

..let's hope so.....I've heard that they get hotter than the 48's and 60's.....that's too hot for me....but...jury's still out...
Jon

LizStreithorst

I got the nicest compliment from the guy in MN.  I hadn't heard word one from him since I shipped his fish so last night I emailed him.  He wrote this back this morning:

Hey I was absolutely impressed with the job you did packing them .the mail lady just set them in
The driveway but I had my brother watching for it and got it right away .there was no losses. As of this morning there A ok all have been eating well since Saturday.when I got home Fri at 7 pm the heat packs where still warm giving of heat .I will leave positive feedback and you can foreword this to any potential customers. Thanks I would not hesitate. Buying from you again .lenny

For the first time in my life I have confidence in my bagging and packing.  It's a good thing because I'll be listing more fish for sale in a week or two.

Mugwump

Good job......
.kudos
Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 04, 2017, 02:11:50 PM
For the first time in my life I have confidence in my bagging and packing.  It's a good thing because I'll be listing more fish for sale in a week or two.

Well done Liz!!!

Be careful shipping fish during the holiday season.....  with all the extra packages in the system, delays are inevitable.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on December 04, 2017, 02:25:17 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 04, 2017, 02:11:50 PM

Well done Liz!!!

Be careful shipping fish during the holiday season.....  with all the extra packages in the system, delays are inevitable.

Dennis

...for sure.....I'm holding one for Willie now.....just too chancy .... 2c2
Jon

LizStreithorst

I'm just relieved.  I need to start doing the Aquabid thing on a regular basis.  Can you imagine how hard it is to do something that you're not sure you can do correctly when it involves live animals?  From the time I start bagging to the time the fish arrive I almost can't eat I'm so stressed.  It's terrible!!!!!!!

From now on bagging and packing will just be a chore I don't enjoy.  I finally know that I can do it right.

I put a drop of meth blue in each bag and used pure O2.  I'll keep doing it. 

LizStreithorst

That's why I asked you when it would be safe again, Mug.  I will not ship again until after Jan 1st.  I can list them in a week or so and say that I can't ship until after the first.  The half blacks are getting big and I want to sell most of them before I have to ask an arm and a leg.  I may keep a pair for myself just in case something bad happens to their parents.