• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 05:53:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 152
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 140
Total: 140

USPS

Started by LizStreithorst, November 29, 2017, 03:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I shipped 5 boxes Monday.  the only one to arrive on time is the one that went to California.  Two that were supposed to arrive tomorrow won't get there until Friday.  The one I sent to mug was supposed to arrive today but they're saying Thursday.  I'm furious.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Mine said Thursday from the get/go.......USPS hasn't had many 2 day any more....most are all three day now....and some even four.... huh

I used UPS ground to Missouri.....got there early on day 2......and cheaper too.... ;)

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

My receipt from USPS said 2 day to you.  If it says 2 day on the receipt  I should be able to get my money back for the shipping cost, right?

I have never asked for a refund before but I've never had 4 boxes arrive late in one fell swoop!  Your fish should be fine.  The guy in MN is in trouble because it's  fucking cold in MN and my heat packs are only good for 24 hrs.  I'm worried about the nice man in Kentucky who's box will also take 4 days to arrive.  I sent a huge box of fish to him and some are a bit crowded in the bags. 

How hard is it to get USPS to refund your money?  Do they make you jump through hoops or do they just do it when they are wrong?  I hate red tape and jumping through hoops but I'm on the war path over this.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 29, 2017, 04:02:32 PM
My receipt from USPS said 2 day to you.  If it says 2 day on the receipt  I should be able to get my money back for the shipping cost, right?

I have never asked for a refund before but I've never had 4 boxes arrive late in one fell swoop!  Your fish should be fine.  The guy in MN is in trouble because it's  fucking cold in MN and my heat packs are only good for 24 hrs.  I'm worried about the nice man in Kentucky who's box will also take 4 days to arrive.  I sent a huge box of fish to him and some are a bit crowded in the bags. 

How hard is it to get USPS to refund your money?  Do they make you jump through hoops or do they just do it when they are wrong?  I hate red tape and jumping through hoops but I'm on the war path over this.

...I've gotten refunds without problems.....so far

...by the by.....I only use the 72 hour heat packs.....even for one day delivery close by,,,,,,the temps are more stable....those 24hr packs can get pretty hot.....Ky should be fine but MN,,,,, huh...it's pretty cool up that way now days....angel fry are pretty resilient tho.....so hoping they'll be ok.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Typo.  My heat packs are all 72 hr, but still it's fucking cold in MN.

GeorgeG

If I remember correctly you won't get a refund on Priority mail only Express mail

Mugwump

Quote from: GeorgeG on November 29, 2017, 05:20:27 PM
If I remember correctly you won't get a refund on Priority mail only Express mail

oh peachie....
Jon

LizStreithorst

They should stand by what they say!!!!!!  UPS is too far and FedEx is too expensive.  If USPS doesn't stand by what it say I'm screwed.

Your fish will be fine, George.  I've become obsessive in my bagging.  You just got 1 72 hr heat pack even though I'm in MS and you're in AZ.  If they arrive dead, which they won't, I'll make it right as best as I can.

GeorgeG

Mine came in this evening a day earlier than scheduled and I saw that they were at the Post Office at 10:00 AM. I have the bags floating to eaqualize the water temp then I will plop them in. The heat pack was still warm but the bags leaked a little but not enough to worry about and take the Angels out of the bags right away. Thank you.

LizStreithorst

Thank God they arrived safe and sound. One less worry.  I band the bags as tight as I can.  I hate that your bags leaked.  I do my best to make everything as tight as I can.

Mugwump

Quote from: GeorgeG on November 29, 2017, 07:41:59 PM
Mine came in this evening a day earlier than scheduled and I saw that they were at the Post Office at 10:00 AM. I have the bags floating to eaqualize the water temp then I will plop them in. The heat pack was still warm but the bags leaked a little but not enough to worry about and take the Angels out of the bags right away. Thank you.

|^|.....
Jon

Mugwump

My box should be here at the post office by now....it'll show that it's checked in soon....so I'll get it this morn'n about 9-10.... |^| :) |^|
Jon

Mugwump

November 30, 2017, 6:07 am
Arrived at Post Office
DEKALB, IL 60115
Your item arrived at the Post Office at 6:07 am on November 30, 2017 in DEKALB, IL 60115.

yup.....should be here in about 9am ... |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

My big box to the guy in Kentucky was in Kentucky last night but this morning is in West Virginia.  I told the guy to just put it out with the trash when it finally arrives and asked if he wanted a refund or for me to ship again in January.  This is inexcusable.  I'm disgusted.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 01, 2017, 07:30:19 AM
My big box to the guy in Kentucky was in Kentucky last night but this morning is in West Virginia.  I told the guy to just put it out with the trash when it finally arrives and asked if he wanted a refund or for me to ship again in January.  This is inexcusable.  I'm disgusted.

The temps in that area aren't that bad.....is he close to the W Va. border?.......If he gets it today, I'm betting most are ok.... huh

Minn guy get his yet?.............
Jon