• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 07:05:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 152
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 151
Total: 151

L144's

Started by Mugwump, November 29, 2017, 08:21:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...the 55 with the L144's is teeming with fry this morning.....might have had a batch under some wood too  huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

Do you take them out and raise them?  I have regular Bristlenoses and find that if I leave the little ones in the parents tank they tend to disappear. But if I take them out and give them their own tank I don't lose any.  I think that the parents frighten them away from the food but don't know for sure.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on November 29, 2017, 08:50:11 AM
Do you take them out and raise them?  I have regular Bristlenoses and find that if I leave the little ones in the parents tank they tend to disappear. But if I take them out and give them their own tank I don't lose any.  I think that the parents frighten them away from the food but don't know for sure.

Actually besides the breeding adults in there, are a couple yo yo loaches......the smaller fry swarm the food as good as the bigger fry.....they're all in a 55.....and thriving....I mat need to thin the herd here soon tho... ;)

When I want max #'s from a spawn, I pull Dad/eggs/cave etal and plop them in a 2 1/2 or a fiver......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson