• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu

Database Error

Started by Ron Sower, November 28, 2017, 08:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

...not sure where to post this, so move as appropriate...

...When I click on the "New replies to your posts" this is what I've gotten all day...Suggestions please? huh     

Database Error
Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

Thanks Ron.  We recently upgraded the forum software and it looks as though the database was supposed to update as well, but for some reason it didn't quite work as they had planned.  LOL

I'll see what I need to do to fix it.....

Dennis

Mugwump

....thanks Dennis....works now |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on November 29, 2017, 08:18:29 AM
Not working for me.

"Show unread posts since last visit".......this ?.....it's working...try a refresh?.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

"Show unread posts since last visit"  Works OK.

"Show new replies to your posts" doesn't work
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

BallAquatics

Yep, checked out the SMF website and it's a known problem with the database query.....  I'm sure they will get it sorted out in the next update.

Dennis

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

Okay, it turns out that our forum software is not up to speed with the newer versions of MySQL, that's the database that contains all the posts, settings, etc.

I manually corrected the query statement to be compliant with the new versions so the "Show new replies to your posts" now works.  The only problem is, that if the forum software folks don't correct the problem, when the software gets it's next update I'll need to make the fix again.

I love computers and the software that makes 'em go!!!   |^|

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on December 03, 2017, 09:47:36 AM
Okay, it turns out that our forum software is not up to speed with the newer versions of MySQL, that's the database that contains all the posts, settings, etc.

I manually corrected the query statement to be compliant with the new versions so the "Show new replies to your posts" now works.  The only problem is, that if the forum software folks don't correct the problem, when the software gets it's next update I'll need to make the fix again.

Dennis

...thanks Dennis......appreciate it a whole bunch.... |^|
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on December 03, 2017, 03:39:06 PM
Quote from: BallAquatics on December 03, 2017, 09:47:36 AM

Dennis

...thanks Dennis......appreciate it a whole bunch.... |^|

Yes we do Dennis.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

You are both very welcome.   ;D

Let me know if you run across any other problems.  I wouldn't be surprised if this same type of problem exists somewhere else in the software.

Dennis

Ron Sower

MIne's finally working now....thanks...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

I think that I just answered the posts.....on two different threads....and not an email sent..or attempted....weird...

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this member Mugwump
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this IP address 208.89.149.29 
     Reverse chronological order of list Today at 05:47:38 AM
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session 0ecf8d3487f5fdbdebe164a929ac0ad8
Apply Filter: Only show the errors of this type Type of error: General
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL
http://www.mugwump-fish-world.com//index.php?action=post2;start=7500;board=24
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
Unable to send mail to the email address 'rondsower@gmail.com'
   Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this member Mugwump
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this IP address 208.89.149.29 
     Reverse chronological order of list Today at 05:41:57 AM
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session 0ecf8d3487f5fdbdebe164a929ac0ad8
Apply Filter: Only show the errors of this type Type of error: General
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL
http://www.mugwump-fish-world.com//index.php?action=post2;start=0;board=39
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
Unable to send mail to the email address 'rondsower@gmail.com
Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on December 04, 2017, 06:02:55 AM
I think that I just answered the posts.....on two different threads....and not an email sent..or attempted....weird...

Unable to send mail to the email address 'rondsower@gmail.com

I'm pretty sure I know what that one is.....

Ron has asked the system to "Notify" him when posts are made to certain threads.  Since this server doesn't have email capability it throws the error it can't email Ron to "Notify" him of the new post.

Dennis