• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 05:40:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 152
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 151
Total: 151

The 125...

Started by Ron Sower, November 20, 2017, 12:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on January 30, 2018, 09:55:33 AM
Quote from: Ron Sower on January 30, 2018, 09:50:57 AM
...the day after Stephan replied the issue cleared up before I got an opportunity to use Stephan's suggestion which was to give the filter a light cleaning and put it back in...he said this happens with HMFs and it will go away on it's on or persist...he said the filter is plenty large enough to handle the bioload of the 125 with the fish and plants I listed for him...

...anyway the water is sparkling now...

|^|...cool beans   |^|
...it's really important to me that this huge sponge filter works out...I haven't heard of anyone else using them on larger tanks...the principle is there and I see no reason it should not be really effective...the only thing is that with heavy plantings there tend to be a lot of leafy parts floating loosely in the water column....when it gets to be too much I'll stand over the tank and net out most of it, and if the stuff is smaller I put a large Aquaclear HOB on it for a day or so...kinda like you do with your HOTs...which I may get one day...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on January 30, 2018, 09:57:19 AM
....last night Miss Lucy and I were just lazing in front of the 125 just taking in the activity and talking about a future 'scaping plan I was dreaming up, when we got a most pleasant surprise.... a 3/8" Panda Cory went scooting by on the front edge of the tank right at substrate level from one end to to the other! :D :D....what a treat!...

...I think I wrote several weeks ago when the Pandas were spawning...I can't believe that any eggs survived with all the trimming and pulling I've done since then!...

... I just love these little surprises!...

...agreed.....every once in a bit we'll see a cory fry or a bn fry out of nowhere......a completely unexpected treat  |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

Ron, I look forward to some pics of your tank.  I bet that little cory is so cute!
Barb