• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 02:15:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,249
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 136
Total: 137

The 125...

Started by Ron Sower, November 20, 2017, 12:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Congrat's on the spawn....I'll bet a few survive... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

...they have in the past when I had them in a small planted tank in WA...we'll see what happens...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

,,,any recommendations on wattage for a heater for the 125g?...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on December 12, 2017, 04:52:55 PM

...(2) 250 watters.......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on December 12, 2017, 04:59:01 PM
Quote from: Ron Sower on December 12, 2017, 04:52:55 PM

...(2) 250 watters.......
...tanks...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Jon

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Jaeger and then there Jaeger...... w!w
Jon

Ron Sower

...so I guess I'll order on line...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on December 12, 2017, 06:18:32 PM

...cheaper on line too..... |^|
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on December 12, 2017, 06:41:27 PM

...on the way to the airport to pick up Lucy last night, I went to Aquarium Arts in Mesa....the had Jagers but not a 250w...so when I got home I ordered 2 last night from eBay...

...he also had some really young Congo tetras -about 1" long - so I got 9 of them...they are shoaling together very nicely, but not mixing in with the 5 adults I already have in there... They don't look anything like the adults yet...colors are blah...tails haven't even begun to differentiate...but there are some with a little of the white edging in the caudal....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on December 13, 2017, 11:05:55 AM

...on the way to the airport to pick up Lucy last night, I went to Aquarium Arts in Mesa....the had Jagers but not a 250w...so when I got home I ordered 2 last night from eBay...

...he also had some really young Congo tetras -about 1" long - so I got 9 of them...they are shoaling together very nicely, but not mixing in with the 5 adults I already have in there... They don't look anything like the adults yet...colors are blah...tails haven't even begun to differentiate...but there are some with a little of the white edging in the caudal....

.....good score.....and all while looking for a heater......LOL...love it
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on December 13, 2017, 11:10:28 AM
Quote from: Ron Sower on December 13, 2017, 11:05:55 AM

.....good score.....and all while looking for a heater......LOL...love it
...actually, since it was not directly on the way to the airport, I stopped and called ahead to see if they had them...

...and I did meet a fellow who was working there that helped me and I liked him...he was a bit older than the kids working and he knew his stuff...I'll be asking for him when I go there in the future...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

...I'm looking for any suggestions for low cost submersible pump I can drop into my 50g RO water barrel...It will need to pump it about 6 feet over to the tank and about 55" up....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

I use EcoPlus 396 water pumps to move water around in the fish room.

QuoteThis submersible water pump is great for everything from fountains to hydroponic systems. Powerful oil free high magnetic rotor. Ceramic shaft and bearing insures reliability. Trouble free one moving part. Strainer protects impeller from damage.

25 watts.
Max height is 6.3 feet.
Comes with 69 inch 120 volt cord.
Inlet is .75" NPT and the outlet is .75" NPT.
Included fittings: three-.75" Barbed x .75" Threaded, two-.5" Barbed x .75" Threaded and Nozzle x .75" Threaded.
One year manufacturer warranty.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=EcoPlus+396+Water+Pump

My oldest one is around 8 years old now.  Quiet, inexpensive, and easy to maintain.  Highly recommended.

Dennis