• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 09:26:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 156
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 152
Total: 153

The 125...

Started by Ron Sower, November 20, 2017, 12:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..looks good....how's the fill flow?.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on January 08, 2018, 04:48:23 AM
I think I'lll get 50 gallons in 24 hours or close to it...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on January 08, 2018, 04:24:22 PM

...are you eventually going to save your RO waste water ?.......

https://www.thebetterindia.com/92731/5-ways-to-use-ro-wastewater/
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on January 08, 2018, 04:30:10 PM

...it kept me awake last night thinking about what to do with it...I could set out 4 rain barrels and pipe it to them...but I don't have that much plant to water....just a few cacti, and I don't want to drown them....

...I think I'll be producing about 200 gallons of waste water a week...

...I can use it to wash the patio and the car...

...Ideas anyone?...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on January 09, 2018, 12:10:04 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on January 08, 2018, 04:30:10 PM

...it kept me awake last night thinking about what to do with it...I could set out 4 rain barrels and pipe it to them...but I don't have that much plant to water....just a few cacti, and I don't want to drown them....

...I think I'll be producing about 200 gallons of waste water a week...

...I can use it to wash the patio and the car...

...Ideas anyone?...

..got a swamp cooler?.......shower head on the patio for hot day cool offs......?
Jon

BallAquatics

Around here folks use it for Malawi cichlid tanks.....

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on January 09, 2018, 06:10:03 AM

Dennis

...interesting.....I know many blend it back with tap....
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on January 09, 2018, 06:15:49 AM
Quote from: BallAquatics on January 09, 2018, 06:10:03 AM

Dennis

...interesting.....I know many blend it back with tap....

...I've thought about the Mbuna before I moved here, but decided I wanted to grow plants with my fish...

...and I don see the benefit in blending it back with the RO since I'm not even blending tap water with it yet... still working on getting the TDS from 590 to under 75....slowly... last night it was down to 198...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

Quote from: Ron Sower on January 09, 2018, 12:05:45 PM
...I've thought about the Mbuna before I moved here, but decided I wanted to grow plants with my fish...

Yep, that's why I quit cichlids.  Got tired of tanks full of rocks with zero vegetation.  I have perfect well water for them though.....

Dennis

wsantia1

Quote from: BallAquatics on January 09, 2018, 10:11:25 PM

Yep, that's why I quit cichlids.  Got tired of tanks full of rocks with zero vegetation.  I have perfect well water for them though.....

Dennis

I love Mbuna. With all of the bad luck I've been having lately I might just set up a 55 for some. I have the rocks already. lol
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 10, 2018, 05:45:19 PM
Quote from: BallAquatics on January 09, 2018, 10:11:25 PM

Dennis

I love Mbuna. With all of the bad luck I've been having lately I might just set up a 55 for some. I have the rocks already. lol
...I've got the water for you here, Willie...it's plenty hard!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

...I mentioned in a thread late last night about the tannish specks floating in the tank...I think I'm way off base about the floculation...when I did a small WC last night, I got to thinking about the filter tower....so I grabbed a white container and caught some effluent from the Jetlifter and....badda-bing...there it was!...now I'm going to write Stephan and ask what to do to get more organic breakdown...

...the fish don't seem to be showing any signs of stress...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

...the day after Stephan replied the issue cleared up before I got an opportunity to use Stephan's suggestion which was to give the filter a light cleaning and put it back in...he said this happens with HMFs and it will go away on it's on or persist...he said the filter is plenty large enough to handle the bioload of the 125 with the fish and plants I listed for him...

...anyway the water is sparkling now...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on January 30, 2018, 09:50:57 AM
...the day after Stephan replied the issue cleared up before I got an opportunity to use Stephan's suggestion which was to give the filter a light cleaning and put it back in...he said this happens with HMFs and it will go away on it's on or persist...he said the filter is plenty large enough to handle the bioload of the 125 with the fish and plants I listed for him...

...anyway the water is sparkling now...

|^|...cool beans   |^|
Jon

Ron Sower

....last night Miss Lucy and I were just lazing in front of the 125 just taking in the activity and talking about a future 'scaping plan I was dreaming up, when we got a most pleasant surprise.... a 3/8" Panda Cory went scooting by on the front edge of the tank right at substrate level from one end to to the other! :D :D....what a treat!...

...I think I wrote several weeks ago when the Pandas were spawning...I can't believe that any eggs survived with all the trimming and pulling I've done since then!...

... I just love these little surprises!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron