• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 12:31:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 178
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 190
Total: 190

The 125...

Started by Ron Sower, November 20, 2017, 12:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

...I imagine both of you are correct...right now tho the unit is above the faucet and is draining DOWN , not pushing up, right into the sink...the filtered water is going into gallon jugs right now and I'm dumping them into the barrel until I drill and run the tube under the house...anyway, it is what it is..!

...this one is an RO Buddie made to attache to a faucet...won it in a raffel at ARK meeting...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

....got the EcoPlus 396 submersible pump set up...had to cut a tab out of the top of the barrel so it would fit in the opening...I had a few gallons in the barrel and plugged in the pump forgetting that there was no switch to turn it on huh...about a quart of water everywhere before I got it unplugged...coulda been worse! :P :P...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on December 30, 2017, 04:06:48 PM
....got the EcoPlus 396 submersible pump set up...had to cut a tab out of the top of the barrel so it would fit in the opening...I had a few gallons in the barrel and plugged in the pump forgetting that there was no switch to turn it on huh...about a quart of water everywhere before I got it unplugged...coulda been worse! :P :P...

...these type switches work well for that....I use a similar one to refill tanks from my big tub...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0087EIDRS/ref=asc_df_B0087EIDRS5319752/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=395033&creativeASIN=B0087EIDRS&linkCode=df0&hvadid=193994910693&hvpos=1o2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=12818607835280921550&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9021504&hvtargid=pla-312993049822
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on December 30, 2017, 04:15:45 PM
Quote from: Ron Sower on December 30, 2017, 04:06:48 PM

...these type switches work well for that....I use a similar one to refill tanks from my big tub...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0087EIDRS/ref=asc_df_B0087EIDRS5319752/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=395033&creativeASIN=B0087EIDRS&linkCode=df0&hvadid=193994910693&hvpos=1o2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=12818607835280921550&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9021504&hvtargid=pla-312993049822
...hmmmm...I was just thinking about splicing a rocker switch in to the electrical cord...but you got me thinking...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

I've got a 79 cent Walmart hose shut off valve on mine.....

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on December 31, 2017, 08:04:52 AM
I've got a 79 cent Walmart hose shut off valve on mine.....

Dennis

...I have one on my drain hose, so as to move tank to tank......but I like the simple remote for moving around when filling  |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on December 31, 2017, 08:06:52 AM
......but I like the simple remote for moving around when filling  |^|

I like to keep the electricity away from the water when moving around.  LOL

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on December 31, 2017, 08:15:14 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on December 31, 2017, 08:06:52 AM
......but I like the simple remote for moving around when filling  |^|

I like to keep the electricity away from the water when moving around.  LOL

Dennis

..Dennis, the remote switch has batteries.......and the plug is on the other side of the room.. :)

Jon

Ron Sower

...so, all day yesterday I let the system fill the 1-gallon jugs and just kept emptying them into the barrel....gonna do the same today and maybe I can get the barrel full in time to do a 45-50 WC before the day is over... huh

...not sure when I'll get time to run the tubing under the house and up into the barrel with company here...oh well, just as long as I can get it done by Thur or Fri and give it time to run 24 hours to fill it...  |^|  I'm learning that everything doesn't have to be done NOW all the time... 8)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on December 31, 2017, 10:35:30 AM
...so, all day yesterday I let the system fill the 1-gallon jugs and just kept emptying them into the barrel....gonna do the same today and maybe I can get the barrel full in time to do a 45-50 WC before the day is over... huh

...not sure when I'll get time to run the tubing under the house and up into the barrel with company here...oh well, just as long as I can get it done by Thur or Fri and give it time to run 24 hours to fill it...  |^| I'm learning that everything doesn't have to be done NOW all the time... 8)

...... |^| +1
Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on December 31, 2017, 09:56:18 AM
..Dennis, the remote switch has batteries.......and the plug is on the other side of the room.. :)

LOL  I figured as much.  Mainly the valve lets me slow down the flow of water.  Most of my tanks have substrate and plants and the pump puts out too much flow when filling these.   ;D

Dennis

Ron Sower

Quote from: BallAquatics on December 31, 2017, 03:13:31 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on December 31, 2017, 09:56:18 AM

LOL  I figured as much.  Mainly the valve lets me slow down the flow of water.  Most of my tanks have substrate and plants and the pump puts out too much flow when filling these.   ;D

Dennis
..yep...that 396 really pumps the H2O...I'm gonna use the wide end of the python to flow the water into the tank and it will not come in so direct....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

...photos of the RO setup...overflow pipe...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

...RO setup...outflow hose retracted...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

...RO unit in my bathroom...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron