• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 06:49:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 152
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 145
Total: 145

The 125...

Started by Ron Sower, November 20, 2017, 12:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Quote from: BallAquatics on December 24, 2017, 11:55:29 PM
I use EcoPlus 396 water pumps to move water around in the fish room.

QuoteThis submersible water pump is great for everything from fountains to hydroponic systems. Powerful oil free high magnetic rotor. Ceramic shaft and bearing insures reliability. Trouble free one moving part. Strainer protects impeller from damage.

25 watts.
Max height is 6.3 feet.
Comes with 69 inch 120 volt cord.
Inlet is .75" NPT and the outlet is .75" NPT.
Included fittings: three-.75" Barbed x .75" Threaded, two-.5" Barbed x .75" Threaded and Nozzle x .75" Threaded.
One year manufacturer warranty.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=EcoPlus+396+Water+Pump

My oldest one is around 8 years old now.  Quiet, inexpensive, and easy to maintain.  Highly recommended.

Dennis
...Thanks Dennis...that's one I'd been looking at on line somewhere....!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

Quote from: Ron Sower on December 25, 2017, 09:30:10 AM
...that's one I'd been looking at on line somewhere....!

I purchased mine from Ken's, but he shows them as out-of-stock all the time now.  That used to be my go-to place but it's really went down hill in the past several years.   :(

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on December 26, 2017, 07:12:38 AM
...that's one I'd been looking at on line somewhere....!

I purchased mine from Ken's, but he shows them as out-of-stock all the time now.  That used to be my go-to place but it's really went down hill in the past several years.   :(

Dennis

...Yes, Ken's has gotten strange....I know a few folks that have had no issues at all, while most everyone else has had problems.... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

I buy food and a few other things from Kens and have no problems so far.  Some of the things on the website are marked as "out of stock" though. Looks like maybe permanently.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Ron Sower

Quote from: BallAquatics on December 24, 2017, 11:55:29 PM
I use EcoPlus 396 water pumps to move water around in the fish room.

QuoteThis submersible water pump is great for everything from fountains to hydroponic systems. Powerful oil free high magnetic rotor. Ceramic shaft and bearing insures reliability. Trouble free one moving part. Strainer protects impeller from damage.

25 watts.
Max height is 6.3 feet.
Comes with 69 inch 120 volt cord.
Inlet is .75" NPT and the outlet is .75" NPT.
Included fittings: three-.75" Barbed x .75" Threaded, two-.5" Barbed x .75" Threaded and Nozzle x .75" Threaded.
One year manufacturer warranty.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=EcoPlus+396+Water+Pump

My oldest one is around 8 years old now.  Quiet, inexpensive, and easy to maintain.  Highly recommended.

Dennis
...Thanks Dennis...that's one I'd been looking at on line somewhere....!

...ordered it from Amazon Prime...S/B here Friday, but it won't be a surprise me if it gets here tomorrow...Thanks, Dennis.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

... we have a gal in the park here that does a lot of handyman (handywoman?) work...I'm getting her to do the pex plumbing for the rain barrel RO setup...I'll have her come off the cold water line in the bath room which is next to the closet where the barrel is located...
                    [if this works out okay, I'll get her to plumb for the dishwasher Lucy ordered]

...my hardware manager friend, who's into aquariums and has turned into a plant fanatic since he met me, said he would help me do it for nothing...but I know she needs money and she never charged much for other small jobs I've had her do...so this will work out fine and the good karma will still be intact!...

...so once that's done, I'll devise some way to have an automatic cutoff on the line from the RO unit so I don't have to watch for the barrel to fill...overflow is the scariest issue for me in all this...   ANY SUGGESTIONS? 

...You guys and gals are the brains for this stuff...I pay more attention to what I get from you than any other group...You know why?...Because you are solid support...That's why!....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on December 27, 2017, 10:22:45 AM
... we have a gal in the park here that does a lot of handyman (handywoman?) work...I'm getting her to do the pex plumbing for the rain barrel RO setup...I'll have her come off the cold water line in the bath room which is next to the closet where the barrel is located...

...my hardware manager friend, who's into aquariums and has turned into a plant fanatic since he met me, said he would help me do it for nothing...but I know she needs money and she never charged much for other small jobs I've had her do...so this will work out fine and the good karma will still be intact!...

...so once that's done, I'll devise some way to have an automatic cutoff on the line from the RO unit so I don't have to watch for the barrel to fill...overflow is the scariest issue for me in all this...   ANY SUGGESTIONS? 

...You guys and gals are the brains for this stuff...I pay more attention to what I get from you than any other group...You know why?...Because you are solid support...That's why!....

Aron had a vid somewhere that he used the little toilet shut offs on fry tanks...or something.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on December 27, 2017, 10:25:50 AM
Quote from: Ron Sower on December 27, 2017, 10:22:45 AM

Aron had a vid somewhere that he used the little toilet shut offs on fry tanks...or something.....
...I'll search for it....if I hadn't met Aron...I may never have met you guys here....!  Thanks, Aron...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

...The RO unit is up on the wall by my bathroom sink...Ran it for 1 hour to clear out the membrane as the instructions said to do...produced a little over 1.5 gallons of filtered H2O...hmmmm....it says it produces 50 gallons a day....may not quite make the mark!...

...next I'll drill a hole in the floor and run the tubing under the house and up thru the floor to the barrel in a little bit...this will involve a run to the hardware store for some more tubing....

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on December 30, 2017, 01:20:09 PM
...The RO unit is up on the wall by my bathroom sink...Ran it for 1 hour to clear out the membrane as the instructions said to do...produced a little over 1.5 gallons of filtered H2O...hmmmm....it says it produces 50 gallons a day....may not quite make the mark!...

...next I'll drill a hole in the floor and run the tubing under the house and up thru the floor to the barrel in a little bit...this will involve a run to the hardware store for some more tubing....

.....if going down thru the floor and back up.....the flow will be reduced more.....I don't think RO units provide much 'head'...... huh
Jon

waterboy

Also, I think the water pressure has a lot to do with how much water you can push through the unit.  The 50 gal/day rating may be with pressure higher normally attainable.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on December 30, 2017, 02:20:36 PM
Also, I think the water pressure has a lot to do with how much water you can push through the unit.  The 50 gal/day rating may be with pressure higher normally attainable.

.....some do come with higher pumps.....did yours?
Jon