• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 03:41:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 91
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 119
Total: 120

My half black project

Started by LizStreithorst, November 19, 2017, 05:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pwsusi

that's great news, congrats. glad they're starting to cooperate for you again.

LizStreithorst

I won't count my half blacks until they free swim.  All I have now is eggs.  I insist that my pairs raise their own kids.  It's one of my few idiosyncratic rules huh  It will be stressful seeing how things progress.  I always hope for the best but expect the worst.  Keeping your fingers crossed won't do any harm ;)
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I've had a couple of spawns but so far no joy.  My guys are becoming sexually mature and pairing off.  I have two pairs in love nests, one pair just teases me by they're blatant flirting, but I have never seen the first egg.  The second spawned once and immediately turned around and ate their eggs.  To more pairs were pecking at cones this afternoon.  I made room for them by evicting a couple of other fish from their breeding tanks due to lack of action. 

The best news is that one of my Silver Half Blacks has paired one of my inbred stripeless ones.  I expect the eggs will be eaten but this won't be the last time they spawn so I'll give them some time.  I donno if I'll ever be able to get blue and pearl scale bred into them but in the mean time I want to keep their pool of traits diverse.
Always move forward. Never look back.