• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 03:59:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 140
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 155
Total: 155

A pair I'm fond of

Started by LizStreithorst, February 25, 2018, 03:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I have this crazy blue plat wifi PS pair.  The male has very tall fins for a wifi but he could have a better body shape.  Overall his appearance is impressive.  The female is more well balanced but I don't get the "wow" reaction when I look at her huh

The pair had a cone to lay on but they decided to lay on the back glass.  At first the eggs were hard to see so I wrote "EGGS ON BACK GLASS' on the tank so I would be aware of them when I did WC.  When the eggs started to wiggle the pair moved them to the cone.  A day later they were back on the glass.  After a big WC today they're back on the cone.  The pair want to kill me.  They bite me during WC and they give me the evil eye when they see me watching them.  I totally love this pair.  I'd give 100 to one that they will raise their own kids.

I don't need this pair.  I could sell them for good money.  I just can't.  I don't need them now, but who knows what the future will hold?  My Discus project is going nowhere slowly.  The Half Black project is going somewhere slowly.  But who knows...I may need a pair of blue plat wifi ps's one day.  I have a blue silver ps pair I'm fond of as well.  I have a 120 with pet Discus.  I will devote a 60 to pet Angels.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 25, 2018, 03:00:45 PM
I have this crazy blue plat wifi PS pair.  The male has very tall fins for a wifi but he could have a better body shape.  Overall his appearance is impressive.  The female is more well balanced but I don't get the "wow" reaction when I look at her huh

The pair had a cone to lay on but they decided to lay on the back glass.  At first the eggs were hard to see so I wrote "EGGS ON BACK GLASS' on the tank so I would be aware of them when I did WC.  When the eggs started to wiggle the pair moved them to the cone.  A day later they were back on the glass.  After a big WC today they're back on the cone.  The pair want to kill me.  They bite me during WC and they give me the evil eye when they see me watching them.  I totally love this pair.  I'd give 100 to one that they will raise their own kids.

I don't need this pair.  I could sell them for good money.  I just can't.  I don't need them now, but who knows what the future will hold?  My Discus project is going nowhere slowly.  The Half Black project is going somewhere slowly.  But who knows...I may need a pair of blue plat wifi ps's one day.  I have a blue silver ps pair I'm fond of as well.  I have a 120 with pet Discus.  I will devote a 60 to pet Angels.

I know what you mean.....I have a few older pairs that I really like too....it's hard to move/retire them as I should...but the feeding rounds just would not be the same without them there in there home..... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I will keep them and feed their kids to more important fish after they free swim.  It's the easiest way to keep the numbers of fish down.  And face it. Nothing is better for fish than live food.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 25, 2018, 03:31:55 PM
I will keep them and feed their kids to more important fish after they free swim.  It's the easiest way to keep the numbers of fish down.  And face it. Nothing is better for fish than live food.

...well unless it's a good parent raiser that you're feeding them to........it'll teach 'em bad habits when getting those tastes of fry lunches.... wfwf
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I'm not so sure about that Mug.  Good parent raisers can tell the difference between their own eggs and wigglers and the tasty intruders.  I'd never put feeder fry in with parents who were in the process of raising their own free swimming kids.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 25, 2018, 03:55:39 PM
I'm not so sure about that Mug.  Good parent raisers can tell the difference between their own eggs and wigglers and the tasty intruders.  I'd never put feeder fry in with parents who were in the process of raising their own free swimming kids.

...well that's good.... |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

When I got home from work today the pair had fry all around.   

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 27, 2018, 03:38:40 PM
When I got home from work today the pair had fry all around.

|^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|...wonderful !!!!!!!!
Jon

LizStreithorst

I fed their kids to the half blacks earlier today.  I hated doing but I had no choice.  I'm going to have to sell the pair because I don't want to have to feed their kids to other fish again.  I really really really want to find a breeder who wants a pair of Blue Platinum Pearlscales.  I don't know of one so I'll take a great picture of them and post them on Aquabid for a bit more than I think they're worth.