• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 01:55:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,249
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 134
Total: 135

Saturday......

Started by Mugwump, November 18, 2017, 11:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...a messy day here....rain/mix/snow/winds....a good day to just chill inside.....wish we had a fire place  |^|...temps dropping now...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

It has been a nice day here but huge cold weather is coming in for us and wind that was not enough to make the wild mill turn is coming in.  We will be going from a high near 80 to a low of 33 Sunday night. 

I've been killing on Aquabid which is something that I am not used to.  After a short day at work I took 15 assorted mediums and 15 assorted larges to my LFS .  I love taking fish to my LFS because the owners have hearts of gold. 

I have empty tank space which I will fill with fish shortly.  I actually have an empty 29 that I can put the half black pair in.  Those fish have been demanding a breeding tank.  After the 27th I will have 2 empty 65 wides to grow the fry out in.

Nice day today even though the cold is coming in.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

..was just down putz'n in the fish room.....and thought 'what the hell'....so I did nice big water changes on everybody........now I'm chill'n.....yup.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I forgot to mention the best part.  I had doubts about the fish store guy in NJ.  He was all over me with compliments and how many of my fish he wanted to buy from.  He thought that he could get a price break on the fish and a price break on shipping ::)  He was incorrect.  Haven't hear a word from him since I gave him the bad news.  The more I correspond with that guy the more red flags went up.  I love it when my intuition is right.

My Captain, don't develop a new wonderful fish food.  You'll be wasting your time.

I also met a wonderful man in my half black auctions on AB.  He's as honest as they come.  His name is Chris Troutman.  Selling on AB  and shipping is a pain but figuring out what the people I deal with is very rewarding.  Once in a great while I come across a gem.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Rjb3

I started to poke around in food ingredients and discovered several ways to improve what I'm already doing. It's never a waste of time.

If he contacts me, I'll tell him I'm busy, cuz I am.

BallAquatics

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 18, 2017, 03:14:36 PM
I also met a wonderful man in my half black auctions on AB.  He's as honest as they come.  His name is Chris Troutman.  Selling on AB  and shipping is a pain but figuring out what the people I deal with is very rewarding.  Once in a great while I come across a gem.

I've had far more positive experiences on AquaBid than negative.  I've also sold lots more through side deals than through actual auctions.  Seems like once someone buys from me, they just start contacting me directly for further purchases.   |^|

That said, I haven't sold a single fish in over 2 years now. 

Dennis

Rjb3

I don't sell there anymore either. That's one of the reasons I like the swaps.