• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 16, 2024, 02:59:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 212
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 189
Total: 189

Another One Bites The Dust.

Started by wsantia1, November 16, 2017, 07:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

I made my last delivery to my LFS today. He is closing his doors on December 31st. He's been at that location for 10 years but just can't make a living at it any more. huh

It's too bad since he is a very good guy and a very reliable offload when I had too much inventory. He loved my BNs too but I didn't have any for him this time. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on November 16, 2017, 07:05:36 PM
I made my last delivery to my LFS today. He is closing his doors on December 31st. He's been at that location for 10 years but just can't make a living at it any more. huh

It's too bad since he is a very good guy and a very reliable offload when I had too much inventory. He loved my BNs too but I didn't have any for him this time. huh

That sucks.......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Such a shame,  We had an excellent fish store only go feet up a couple of years ago.  It broke my heart.  He moved to an excellent location and a fucking PetSmart opened up right across the street. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

This was a beautiful store with plenty of fish and equipment, etc. I will go back to him in a couple of weeks to see what the  markdowns are. He has plenty of tanks for sale of course but I will be looking more for filters and medium.   
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on November 17, 2017, 07:26:12 AM
This was a beautiful store with plenty of fish and equipment, etc. I will go back to him in a couple of weeks to see what the  markdowns are. He has plenty of tanks for sale of course but I will be looking more for filters and medium.

..have you had any business cards made up?.....he might let you pess some out to his angel/BN folks that shop there ?.....I did it with the last couple LFS's here when they were closing up.....I sold some that way too..plus it gets your name out there in the area... |^|.....can't hurt... ;)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on November 17, 2017, 01:23:14 PM

..have you had any business cards made up?.....he might let you pess some out to his angel/BN folks that shop there ?.....I did it with the last couple LFS's here when they were closing up.....I sold some that way too..plus it gets your name out there in the area... |^|.....can't hurt... ;)

I don't want to put anything out there if I'm not ready. Most people know me through the local fish club. It's the only club in this state. lol
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on November 17, 2017, 01:48:25 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on November 17, 2017, 01:23:14 PM

I don't want to put anything out there if I'm not ready. Most people know me through the local fish club. It's the only club in this state. lol

...true.....but it would be on availability basis anyway...
Jon