• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 11:06:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 199
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 139
Total: 139

Selling to a fish shop

Started by LizStreithorst, November 15, 2017, 01:42:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I got a question from one of my Aquabid auctions from a guy in NJ who just opened a LFS.  He's looking for a breeder who will supply him with dime size Angels.  I'm not interested but I told him that I would ask around for him.  If you are interested PM me your email address and I'll pass it on to him.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 15, 2017, 01:42:46 PM
I got a question from one of my Aquabid auctions from a guy in NJ who just opened a LFS.  He's looking for a breeder who will supply him with dime size Angels.  I'm not interested but I told him that I would ask around for him.  If you are interested PM me your email address and I'll pass it on to him.

...not here.....but thanks for the thought. :)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

Might tell him to look for a local breeder for pick up or delivery.  I think the shipping costs alone would make for a lack of profit on each end inevitable. There should be an aquarium club or two near him where he could find a good breeder.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on November 15, 2017, 04:25:51 PM
Might tell him to look for a local breeder for pick up or delivery.  I think the shipping costs alone would make for a lack of profit on each end inevitable. There should be an aquarium club or two near him where he could find a good breeder.

Yes, I agree.....plus how much can he expect to sell.....once the 'fry factory' starts, the fry would be growing bigger at a good clip....so even size, tank space, and sheer quantity housed become an issue quickly.....it could get out of hand easily costing a breeder some bucks just in upkeep.......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Quote from: waterboy on November 15, 2017, 04:25:51 PM

I can't see it working for him either, but I asked one of my Aquabid customers and he is interested in contacting the guy.  My customer lives in KY.  We'll see how it goes...

Mugwump

A thought ......Capt'n Bob should offer his foods.....maybe a store brand for him.....yada yada custom store foods by Capt'n Bob  huh
Jon

wsantia1

I am close to Southern N.J. but I am having fishroom problems right now. When I get it all straightened out I may have some inventory I can deliver to him if he is close by.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on November 15, 2017, 05:16:47 PM
I am close to Southern N.J. but I am having fishroom problems right now. When I get it all straightened out I may have some inventory I can deliver to him if he is close by.

.... w!w |^| w!w......'poifect'  ;)
Jon

Rjb3

Quote from: Mugwump on November 15, 2017, 05:09:27 PM
A thought ......Capt'n Bob should offer his foods.....maybe a store brand for him.....yada yada custom store foods by Capt'n Bob  huh

The last time someone approached me about a private label food I whipped up something very special for him and I waited to hear back. Quite some time passed and he finally told me he abandoned the idea of getting back into guppies. So, I introduced Guppy Magic.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on November 16, 2017, 05:54:00 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on November 15, 2017, 05:09:27 PM

The last time someone approached me about a private label food I whipped up something very special for him and I waited to hear back. Quite some time passed and he finally told me he abandoned the idea of getting back into guppies. So, I introduced Guppy Magic.

.... |^|...and great stuff too.....and not just for guppies either  ;)
Jon

LizStreithorst

Captain ob, I gave the guy your contact information. 

Who knows, he may be a crazy man thinking that he can make a bundle selling fish, or he might have money to burn and doing something he's always wanted to do.  He might be a jerk who likes to lead folks along and them screw them.

He wants the last of my Half Black juvies.  All 50 of them!  I told him that I'd like to post them on AB right now without a pic and he buy them right away.  At least that will is considered a contract.  Some guy is even interested in my Sunset pearl scale pair.  He wanted a pic of them with fry, and luckily I'd snapped last week.

People desiring my fish like they have here lately is scary.  I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. 

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 16, 2017, 04:08:01 PM
Captain ob, I gave the guy your contact information. 

Who knows, he may be a crazy man thinking that he can make a bundle selling fish, or he might have money to burn and doing something he's always wanted to do.  He might be a jerk who likes to lead folks along and them screw them.

He wants the last of my Half Black juvies.  All 50 of them!  I told him that I'd like to post them on AB right now without a pic and he buy them right away.  At least that will is considered a contract.  Some guy is even interested in my Sunset pearl scale pair.  He wanted a pic of them with fry, and luckily I'd snapped last week.

People desiring my fish like they have here lately is scary.  I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.

.....nyuk nyuk....."Capt ob"....... huh
Jon

LizStreithorst

At least I didn't call my Captain "Captain ob" in my email to him...

This guy in NJ needs a shipping price on shipping 50 fish that are now half dollars and when I ship after the 1st are growing like weeds.  It's a legit question.  I told him that I'd have to think about it hard.  I bet it will require more that 2 standard size fish boxes. 

I also told him that either someone gets a good deal on shipping or the cost is made up in the price of the fish.  I said that I gave him a deal on the fish.  That he can't get a deal on both.  I didn't say this, but between us if he's out to screw me I'd rather find out sooner than later.  We shall see if the other shoe drops sooner rather than later.

This is turning into a AB soap opera.  Who'd have ever thunk?

Rjb3

I'll start working on a new food, just in case. LOL

Mugwump

Jon