• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 11:56:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 120
Total: 121

Milwaukee Swap today...

Started by Mugwump, November 12, 2017, 05:09:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

We won't be attending this one today......but for all those traveling, be safe out there driving...the roads have a good chance of being really ugly.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

No problem, I am only about 10 minutes away.  The roads would have to be really, really REALLY bad to not drive that far.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on November 12, 2017, 07:40:01 AM
No problem, I am only about 10 minutes away.  The roads would have to be really, really REALLY bad to not drive that far.

....I imagine so.....but be safe anyway..... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

...yes...be safe...and watch out for the other guy that might be coming at ya....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

waterboy

No problem with the roads, just wet.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on November 12, 2017, 03:43:14 PM
No problem with the roads, just wet.

...good..............but tonight in the 20's again....any water left on the roads will be ice.............black ice too...
Jon

Rjb3

I left for the swap in the rain, but it quit before I arrived.

The swap was killer. Well attended. Sold out of flake and algae wafers. Both records for Milwaukee. Normally 30 lbs of flake is enough. . . . .  Sad part is, I had about 75 lbs at home that was almost ready. It just needs the finishing touches done to it. Who'd a thunk. Had people putting pre-orders in for the next swap. Most were breeders setting up a regular standing order for every swap from now on. That way I know to have it ready. Selling out like that surprised us all. I was pooped at the end of the day, but it was worth it.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on November 13, 2017, 05:33:21 AM
I left for the swap in the rain, but it quit before I arrived.

The swap was killer. Well attended. Sold out of flake and algae wafers. Both records for Milwaukee. Normally 30 lbs of flake is enough. . . . .  Sad part is, I had about 75 lbs at home that was almost ready. It just needs the finishing touches done to it. Who'd a thunk. Had people putting pre-orders in for the next swap. Most were breeders setting up a regular standing order for every swap from now on. That way I know to have it ready. Selling out like that surprised us all. I was pooped at the end of the day, but it was worth it.

....It's nice to hear that they had a good crowd......they must be getting more fish folks in that area....new faces too, I hope... huh
Jon

Rjb3

There were a few new people. One guy stayed for the whole thing and joined the club.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on November 13, 2017, 05:48:14 AM
There were a few new people. One guy stayed for the whole thing and joined the club.

....wonderful.......that's a nice crew up that way, here's hoping it's a sign of club growth  |^|....
Jon