• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 06:50:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 155
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 141
Total: 141

Monday musings.....

Started by Mugwump, October 23, 2017, 07:22:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....been a dreary day for us here....now the rain is moving back through tomorrow....much colder too as we'll see our first frosts over nights...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

It was a sunny and clear and a crisp fall day.  I did the dentist.  He wants to pull another of my poor teeth in two weeks.  All these teeth that I'm loosing are ones that had root canals a million years ago turning them into dead teeth.  Dead teeth can't be expected to stay forever but they served me well.  It's a depressing fact of old age with genetically poor teeth.  Oh well, there are people my age with worse problems than teeth falling out...

Chip was closed today.  I guess that's why he was there Saturday.  I'll check on Charlotte tomorrow.

I bought my redneck "art" and hung it on the wall where I can enjoy it.

I finally cleaned the table of all my tax stuff and put the assorted papers in the correct place.  The sun room where I did my taxes was a disaster that I put off tackling until I could stand it no more.  There were papers on the floor, papers I'll need for next year's taxes, and papers that needed to be filed as 2016.  It would have been easier but Chachie jumps on the table and messes the papers up and knocks important stuff to the floor where I threw the junk papers.  Once I put the papers where they belonged cleaning the rest of the house was a joy.

Then I did training with Bruno.  He wasn't happy with same old same old, so we've started training off lead.  Surprisingly, he does the things that he's uncertain of better off lead than on. 

Then I changed water and had left over Stroganoff with freshly made quinoa.  It was better than yesterday's.

Now I'm chilling.  It's been a good day.

Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 23, 2017, 08:04:44 PM
It's been a good day.

It's been a good day here as well.  Slow steady rain most of the day.  Changed all the water in the fish room and filled the collection system.  Looks like more of the same tomorrow so perhaps I'll repeat the process.

Off tonight and tomorrow night.  Plan on doing some clean-up and a bit of web work, but nothing too serious.  LOL

Dennis

waterboy

Quote from: Mugwump on October 23, 2017, 07:22:51 PM
....been a dreary day for us here....now the rain is moving back through tomorrow....much colder too as we'll see our first frosts over nights...

We aren't supposed to get the first frost until Wednesday.  Here it is the 23rd of October and no frost yet.  Last year was on the 11th.  So we are a couple weeks later than last year.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.