• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 05:10:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 137
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 134
Total: 135

The Sunset Pearl Scale Pair

Started by LizStreithorst, October 19, 2017, 09:35:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

They have me on pins and needles.  They have kids that were trying to mutiny but only a few at a time and there are only may be 60 of them so a power in numbers mutiny is not possible.  Lights are out now and the parents captured all the kids and stuck them on the air tube.  Surely they will get together and decide to defy their parents and free swim in the morning.  I can see no lingering eggs sacks on any of them.  They will be hungry and I have BBS going all the time, 

Wish me luck.  To me, this is a very good looking pair, and I'm looking forward to seeing their kids as they grow.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

They are gorgeous Liz!  We all are waiting patiently for some here.  Fingers crossed....
Barb

Mugwump

...very nice, Liz......hopefully the fry are up and about later this morning.. |^|.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

Good luck with that batch. Nice looking fish.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

LizStreithorst

The kids had mutinied successfully when I went down to feed this morning.  It's only around 50 or so kids but it's a start.

I have given up on the second pair I'd been working with.  They lay a ton of eggs but eat them over the course of 3 days.  Fish that aren't smart enough to raise their own kids are too stupid for me to bother with.  That attitude is a failing of mine that I'm happy with.

I'll try to sell the stupid pair on Aquabid unless someone here wants to make me an offer for them.  I moved them to a tank without tea water where I'll try to get a good pic of them. 

I have 8 other Sunset pearl scales.  (4 male and 4 female, lucky me!)  I chose a male and a female and put them in a 29 with tea water Barb's clay colored penises.  I'll give them three try's and sell them, too if they're stupid.  All I want is 2 pairs that aren't stupid and for Dale's non-pearl scales to reach breeding age.  It's will be a long wait they're just quarters, although one of the males(?) is way bigger.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 20, 2017, 07:19:39 PM
The kids had mutinied successfully when I went down to feed this morning.  It's only around 50 or so kids but it's a start.

I have given up on the second pair I'd been working with.  They lay a ton of eggs but eat them over the course of 3 days.  Fish that aren't smart enough to raise their own kids are too stupid for me to bother with.  That attitude is a failing of mine that I'm happy with.

I'll try to sell the stupid pair on Aquabid unless someone here wants to make me an offer for them.  I moved them to a tank without tea water where I'll try to get a good pic of them. 

I have 8 other Sunset pearl scales.  (4 male and 4 female, lucky me!)  I chose a male and a female and put them in a 29 with tea water Barb's clay colored penises.  I'll give them three try's and sell them, too if they're stupid.  All I want is 2 pairs that aren't stupid and for Dale's non-pearl scales to reach breeding age.  It's will be a long wait they're just quarters, although one of the males(?) is way bigger.

Sounds like a plan   |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson