• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 23, 2024, 07:02:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 144
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 142
Total: 142

Bruno's Graduation Pic

Started by LizStreithorst, October 18, 2017, 09:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

He's such a smart, good looking dude. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...you must be so proud, Liz.... |^|...does he have plans for college? or a job? or to freeload off you the rest of his life? stay in the basement and play computer games all day?  :D :D :D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Ron Sower on October 18, 2017, 10:08:10 PM
...you must be so proud, Liz.... |^|...does he have plans for college? or a job? or to freeload off you the rest of his life? stay in the basement and play computer games all day?  :D :D :D

I am very proud.  He's no ready for college yet, but we're thinking seriously about it.  I don't want to do the intermediate class with him.  He doesn't need to pick up the dumbbell and do drop on re-call and the rest of that stuff that he will never need to do in real life and would be stressful for him.  We are going to repeat basic again.  He loves being around the other dogs that are training.  It's exciting to him and safe at the same time.  Besides,  although he was the best one in the class he needs more work.

For college, I'm wanting for him to take a shot at nose work.  He is not a freeloader.  My trainer knew after the second class Bruno would be good at it.  The more I learn, the more I can see that she's right.  Training to do scent work at first is all about the dog finding a smelly treat, eating it,  and being praised for doing what comes naturally.  Bruno loves treats, loves praise, and loves being around other dogs.  He will love it.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

..way to go, Bruno  |^|  good job !....he's a handsome pup too  8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Congrats to Bruno & you Liz. I think the scent work is a great choice. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.