• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 12:17:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 149
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 116
Total: 116

USPS Shipping

Started by waterboy, October 17, 2017, 03:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waterboy

Shipped my first ever box of fish yesterday.  Went USPS Priority.  No tracking info since it left Milwaukee at 7:00 last night.  Did they put it on a donkey cart or what?  Are they normally that slow in recording tracking Info?  Maybe I am just nervous because it is my first shipment.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on October 17, 2017, 03:35:16 PM
Shipped my first ever box of fish yesterday.  Went USPS Priority.  No tracking info since it left Milwaukee at 7:00 last night.  Did they put it on a donkey cart or what?  Are they normally that slow in recording tracking Info?  Maybe I am just nervous because it is my first shipment.

....if you have the tracking #....you can get an update....sometimes they are slow tho til it hits the road from the distribution center...

https://m.usps.com/m/TrackConfirmAction     
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I got the update this morning.  It's left Oak Creek WI and is expected to be here Thursday.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 17, 2017, 04:13:55 PM
I got the update this morning.  It's left Oak Creek WI and is expected to be here Thursday.

|^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

..whatcha getting ??  :)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

Quote from: Mugwump on October 17, 2017, 03:53:37 PM

....if you have the tracking #....you can get an update....sometimes they are slow tho til it hits the road from the distribution center...

Yes I know about tracking numbers.  It left the Milwaukee (Oak Creek) distribution center at 7:00 last night. Almost 24 hours and it is still on the truck?  How far do the trucks travel in 24 hours?
Dale

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on October 17, 2017, 05:10:52 PM

Some Sunsets to cross with my pearl scale ones.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on October 17, 2017, 05:25:27 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on October 17, 2017, 03:53:37 PM

Yes I know about tracking numbers.  It left the Milwaukee (Oak Creek) distribution center at 7:00 last night. Almost 24 hours and it is still on the truck?  How far do the trucks travel in 24 hours?

....Hard to tell.....but yours was likely on a Memphis truck...then it may transfer there to...??
Jon

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 17, 2017, 06:34:04 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on October 17, 2017, 05:10:52 PM

Some Sunsets to cross with my pearl scale ones.

.....cooool.......good plan  |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

Dale shipped my fish Monday and they arrived Wed.  USPS said that they would be here Thursday.  Has anyone else noticed them adding an extra day to guaranteed delivery time?    I believe that they were loosing too much in insurance claims. 

My vinegar eels were shipped the same day.  Last time I ordered the culture never arrived.  The seller never sent me a tracking number but after 10 days I contacted him and he shipped another batch.  Yesterday morning USPS tracking said that they were in Hattiesburg and on their way to Ellisville.  Today tracking doesn't even mention Hattiesburg.  It says that they left Nebraska and are on their way to Ellisville. 

No wonder people get stressed over shipping.  USPS is screwed up.

waterboy

Now that I am an expert (shipped one box of fish) I would say that they probably add the 1 day to reduce complaints.  If it gets there a day earlier than they said it would everybody is happy.  It might be up to whoever takes the package at the post office too.  But two days in one direction and three in the opposite doesn't make a lot of sense.  Yes they are a gov't entity so they have to be screwed up.
Dale

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on October 20, 2017, 12:19:47 PM
Now that I am an expert (shipped one box of fish) I would say that they probably add the 1 day to reduce complaints.  If it gets there a day earlier than they said it would everybody is happy.  It might be up to whoever takes the package at the post office too.  But two days in one direction and three in the opposite doesn't make a lot of sense.  Yes they are a gov't entity so they have to be screwed up.

I think it's done more by zip code and the routes being used......
Jon