• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 23, 2024, 08:01:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,309
  • Total Topics: 18,528
  • Online today: 106
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 80
Total: 80

A tasty Tuesday meal

Started by Mugwump, October 17, 2017, 02:58:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....pot roast...veggies....MMMmmmm.....good stuff  |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

I am going to make beef and pepper stir fry.  Just took the beef out of the freezer to thaw a little.  Might even throw in some carrots and celery if there are any around.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Ron Sower

...fricking dried out grilled chicken at The Black Angus ???....horrible meal :(...and I'm NOT a picky eater.... :D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on October 18, 2017, 01:30:14 AM
...fricking dried out grilled chicken at The Black Angus ???....horrible meal :(...and I'm NOT a picky eater.... :D

...sounds like a re-cook........ huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on October 18, 2017, 04:00:24 AM

..probably my last visit to that place when we come back to visit here...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on October 18, 2017, 11:34:11 AM

...I can understand that...did you send it back?......

We went out to eat with my parents one time long ago.....a high end steak house....Dad and I, both ordered nice big Porterhouse steaks....his came med/well instead of rare....so he sent it back...in a bit they brought him another.....he stuck a fork in it, turned it over and it was the same steak with his 'signature' cut mark in it....but now well done.....he went ballistic, in only the nice sarcastic way my Dad could...LOL...my brother Jeff and I looked at each other thinking here we go.......Dad and Mom, knew the owners well.....very shortly, Bill the owner, showed up and smoothed it all over.......food and drinks were on the 'house' after that.......

That place, 'The Terrace' had the best flaming sword I've ever had......brandy cooked perfectly and the best flavored wild rice that I've ever eaten..... |^|
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on October 18, 2017, 03:08:46 PM

We went out to eat with my parents one time long ago.....a high end steak house....Dad and I, both ordered nice big Porterhouse steaks....his came med/well instead of rare....so he sent it back...in a bit they brought him another.....he stuck a fork in it, turned it over and it was the same steak with his 'signature' cut mark in it....but now well done.....he went ballistic, in only the nice sarcastic way my Dad could...LOL...my brother Jeff and I looked at each other thinking here we go.......Dad and Mom, knew the owners well.....very shortly, Bill the owner, showed up and smoothed it all over.......food and drinks were on the 'house' after that.......

That place, 'The Terrace' had the best flaming sword I've ever had......brandy cooked perfectly and the best flavored wild rice that I've ever eaten..... |^|
...No I didn't send it back...too much of a pain..I've never enjoyed eating there before...so I'm just not going back...the waiter didn't even ask if anything was wrong with it...pissed me off...our dinner partners also weren't please with their selections either and they do not plan on returning....there are plenty of other nice restaurants here to go to...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on October 18, 2017, 07:23:33 PM

...No I didn't send it back...too much of a pain..I've never enjoyed eating there before...so I'm just not going back...the waiter didn't even ask if anything was wrong with it...pissed me off...our dinner partners also weren't please with their selections either and they do not plan on returning....there are plenty of other nice restaurants here to go to...

.....yes indeedy.... |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

Good story, Mug.
Always move forward. Never look back.