• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 20, 2024, 04:18:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 202
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 224
Total: 224

Just Monday===>

Started by Mugwump, October 16, 2017, 01:45:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

......the sun is out and we're almost to 60deg's.... :)

....I'm airing out the fish room for a bit while I can.....with the dry fall air it's the perfect time to do it too.... |^|

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Took my 20 adult Angels to the LFS.  Also found out that the wholesaler will likely no longer be buying from me. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 16, 2017, 02:19:18 PM
Took my 20 adult Angels to the LFS. Also found out that the wholesaler will likely no longer be buying from me.

???......got a different source?....cheaper?....or did you piss 'em off....LOL....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

Are they going out of business?
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

LizStreithorst

They're not going out of business, but they are a small family run company.  There's this guy that they've been dealing with for 16 years.

I think that by buying fewer and fewer from me they were letting me down gently, but I didn't get it.  I thought that they'd buy fewer from me but still buy some.  I have 60 smalls ready to go, but they don't want them.  I'll have to do the dread Aquabid thing. 

From now on I'll concentrate on my half blacks because there's a market among fanciers for them and my sunset pearl scales because I think that they are very pretty fish.

LizStreithorst

Did WC and emptied the 60 gallon plastic container and took it back outside where it belongs.  I also drained the 75 gallon but I can't rebuild the stand it's on until Mrs. Chicken hatches her kids.  That's fine with me...I can do basic carpentry but it's not my favorite thing.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 16, 2017, 06:21:49 PM
Did WC and emptied the 60 gallon plastic container and took it back outside where it belongs.  I also drained the 75 gallon but I can't rebuild the stand it's on until Mrs. Chicken hatches her kids.  That's fine with me...I can do basic carpentry but it's not my favorite thing.

...build another so you can just swap it out....... |^|.....like a fan belt, or hoses, on a car....one goes...change 'em all... |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 16, 2017, 06:39:18 PM
I don't think so...

..it's just one stand right?...with rotten sections..?.......why not just build another while waiting on da chicks?....
Jon

Mugwump

..like I said....if parts are rotting, how good is the rest ..?
Jon

LizStreithorst

I won't know until Mrs. Chickie is done with her hard work and I can turn the stand on it's side and give it a good hard look.  If have to trash it and build a new one I will.  If I do that, I'll throw this one on the burn pile.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 16, 2017, 07:39:42 PM
I won't know until Mrs. Chickie is done with her hard work and I can turn the stand on it's side and give it a good hard look.  If have to trash it and build a new one I will.  If I do that, I'll throw this one on the burn pile.

..understood... 8)
Jon