• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 20, 2024, 12:33:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 236
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 253
Total: 253

Saturday's fix'ins...

Started by Mugwump, October 14, 2017, 11:34:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...a rainy, stormy day......perfect for grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup !!!...... |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I've had a hankerin' for Tabbouleh for about a month now.  I've my supermarket is supposed to have Bulgar wheat but it must be unavailable to them for some reason because I've asked two assistant managers to order it and it keeps not being on the shelf.  I got to thinking that I might be able to make it with quinoa, and  it turns out that you can.  I'll have it with a pan broiled New York steak.
https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/quinoa-tabbouleh-395939
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

"Quinoa is gluten-free, high in protein and one of the few plant foods that contain all nine essential amino acids. It is also high in fiber, magnesium, B-vitamins, iron, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin E and various beneficial antioxidants."
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Tastes good, too.  Try in instead of rice some time.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 14, 2017, 02:44:48 PM
Tastes good, too.  Try in instead of rice some time.

... |^|...I think we will....
Jon

Mugwump

...and yup.....grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup....MMMmmmm....and it's about ready too.....I'm starved... |^| |eat| |^|
Jon

wsantia1

Going out for dinner so I don't know yet. lol
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...hot pastrami sammich....at the Top of Tacoma Bar and Grill...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I miss a good corned beef or hot pastrami on rye at a good deli.  We had real Jewish deli's up north but we don't have them here down south.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 14, 2017, 10:50:06 PM
I miss a good corned beef or hot pastrami on rye at a good deli.  We had real Jewish deli's up north but we don't have them here down south.
...I wouldn't know a good one from a bad one...didn't grow up with those good delis...I just eat what's available and decide whether I'll get it there again or not... huh
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron